Drivers licence physically removed by police from my TW for a blown headlight

Thaifish

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/26/2017 at 9:04 PM, Thaifish said:

Thanks for your comment Denim. It really does not help my quest for an intelligent answer to my scenario and why I posted it on the Thai Visa Forum for good advice. I'm not looking for English comparison. Please. I posted this on Thai Visa for help.. 

Normal procedure to take your DL and hold it until you pay the fine.

The receipt they give you covers you from all further fines for the next 7 days.

No need to repair anything, no requirement to show them anything but the 400bht fine.

The police will still have her license which has her license number on it and it would not take much to get her address from the records at the Land Transport office and then there would be more trouble than what it is worth. just go to the police station and show that the light has been fixed, pay the fine and collect your license

My TW was accused, mistakenly for not wearing her seatbelt. She never went back and just got a replacement licence. That was 2 years ago and never heard anymore.

Sent from my ASUS_Z002 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:04 PM, Thaifish said:

Thanks for your comment Denim. It really does not help my quest for an intelligent answer to my scenario and why I posted it on the Thai Visa Forum for good advice. I'm not looking for English comparison. Please. I posted this on Thai Visa for help.. 

What is a TW? It would help if posters did not assume everyone understands their thinking. I'm not psychic.

It is normal to physically take the license to ensure compliance. I had my licence held till I paid a fine for expired registration in Chiang Mai. 

4 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Normal procedure to take your DL and hold it until you pay the fine.

The receipt they give you covers you from all further fines for the next 7 days.

No need to repair anything, no requirement to show them anything but the 400bht fine.

Receipt??????????????????

I never got a receipt, unless it was the bit of paper the cop gave me to take to the police station. He never explained anything.

5 hours ago, Rangerdriver said:

My TW was accused, mistakenly for not wearing her seatbelt. She never went back and just got a replacement licence. That was 2 years ago and never heard anymore.

Sent from my ASUS_Z002 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It seems like it would be so much easier to just go to the police station and pay the fine...and not have to worry about whether the police would ever decide to go after your wife.  I mean, what the freak?