• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Is that the best he can manage?

Should come to LoS before it's too late.

2 hours ago, oldgent said:

really Harry could have had his pick of most of the beautiful young women in the world

and he chose to have a used model. love is really blind

Sorry. So you only marry women for their looks and nothing else? Nothing else?

Righto.

Me personally, I think she's attractive, intelligent, and I've always like Harry.

I wish them both all the best.

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The plot thickens with matzoh meal!

Can't wait to see Princess Anne tucking into lamb skewers at the wedding reception whilst dipping her cardboard tasting matzo bread in the garlic dip.

Edited by fanjita

9 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Sorry. So you only marry women for their looks and nothing else? Nothing else?

Righto.

Me personally, I think she's attractive, intelligent, and I've always like Harry.

I wish them both all the best.

did,nt say she was,nt intelligent or attractive  she is second hand goods

1 minute ago, fanjita said:

Can't wait to see Princess Anne tucking into lamb skewers at the wedding reception whilst dipping her cardboard tasting matzo bread in the garlic dip.

I reckon she eats bread and pork ribs too! Matzoh is traditionally a food for Passover holiday only. 

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

The British Royals ARE German:

Battenberg cake and  Saxe-Coburg (House of Hanover)..

But marrying an American divorcee fails to impress.

I can't wait to see a Markle cake ?

Partly German.

George VI married Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon whose ancestry was Scottish/English.

Ms Markle is also descended from a Bowes:

"Markle is a distant relation of Prince Harry. Their common ancestors are Elizabeth Bowes (1505– c.1572) and her husband, Richard Bowes, son of Sir Ralph Bowes of Streatlam Castle and High Sheriff of County Durham – ancestors of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother (née Bowes-Lyon).[57][58][59][60]

Markle’s paternal grandfather, Gordon Arnold Markle, was descended from Abraham Merckel (1630-1698) of Alsace.[61]

Markle's maternal great-great-great grandfather was a slave on Georgia plantations[clarification needed] before being emancipated with the abolition of slavery in 1865.[62][63]"

Psychologists will have a field day:

He's chosen an older woman, who is a Mother.

No need to remind anyone what his self confessed emotional problems derived (derive?) from.

Edited by Enoon

33 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Partly German.

George VI married Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon whose ancestry was Scottish/English.

Ms Markle is also descended from a Bowes:

"Markle is a distant relation of Prince Harry. Their common ancestors are Elizabeth Bowes (1505– c.1572) and her husband, Richard Bowes, son of Sir Ralph Bowes of Streatlam Castle and High Sheriff of County Durham – ancestors of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother (née Bowes-Lyon).[57][58][59][60]

Markle’s paternal grandfather, Gordon Arnold Markle, was descended from Abraham Merckel (1630-1698) of Alsace.[61]

Markle's maternal great-great-great grandfather was a slave on Georgia plantations[clarification needed] before being emancipated with the abolition of slavery in 1865.[62][63]"

Oh come on! If you're going to be pedantic you should spell out the full Germanic magnificence of our royals !

What % German? (Or Greek?)

21 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Psychologists will have a field day:

He's chosen an older woman, who is a Mother.

No need to remind anyone what his self confessed emotional problems derived (derive?) from.

3 years older. A mother???? 
She seems to be an intelligent woman. And I think it's great to see a black woman joining the royals. 

3 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

3 years older. A mother???? 
She seems to be an intelligent woman. And I think it's great to see a black woman joining the royals. 

3 years older and 2 years marriage experience.

I should have typed "Mother".

She is probably a nice person and it will be positive to have someone of mixed race in such a social position.

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Mongrel race? That's the kind of language white supremacists use.

Only when they are referring to other races.

We British (of all hues) are a mongrel race - Here are the facts ...

DNA_of_the_nation_revealed...and_we_re_not_as_British_as_we_think_Ancestry_Corporate_-_2017-11-27_22_10_43.thumb.png.84d9c820db59b89c8853c634b774e8d2.png

https://www.ancestry.com/corporate/international/press-releases/DNA-of-the-nation-revealedand-were-not-as-British-as-we-think

Edited by chickenslegs

6 minutes ago, Enoon said:

3 years older and 2 years marriage experience.

I should have typed "Mother".

She is probably a nice person and it will be positive to have someone of mixed race in such a social position.

Mixed race if you like. Black if you like. Obama was usually called the first black president and she's as black as him. Anyway, it's good to see.

2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Well, you come from a different background to mine, so there are bound to be differences in the terms we use.

Fair enough. I did some research and I might be wrong in that the phrase can be used without offense in some contexts. But still, it's generally associated with DOGS, and people are not DOGS. Not nearly as friendly!

Edited by Jingthing

31 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Mixed race if you like. Black if you like. Obama was usually called the first black president and she's as black as him. Anyway, it's good to see.

How about what she likes:

"Markle was born on August 4, 1981, in Los Angeles.[8] Of her parents she has said, "my dad is Caucasian and my mom is African American ... I have come to embrace [this and] say who I am, to share where I'm from, to voice my pride in being a strong, confident, mixed-race woman."