Sukhothai man, 55, killed by python captured from forest

webfact

3 minutes ago, Katia said:

As do I, but if a python moves into the neighborhood I might have buy the crap!

Actually I lied, there is a bottle of the red stuff somewhere for the plebs who drown their drink in coke, soda, or other rubbish. 

But please don't anyone ?

I know enough about snakes and the wild, to not try and out muscle a good sized python.  But it seems to me that grabbing a knife and stabbing and slicing it, just about anywhere on its body would do the trick.  Yes the skin is pretty tough, but I am pretty sure that within a minute or so the snake would not be doing well. 

• 5 months later...
On 11/28/2017 at 2:18 PM, PythonHouse said:

If you get bitten by a python (or other snake) and it will not let go and starts to coil, pour some alcohol into its mouth. It will immediately release. It can be any alcohol, even rubbing alcohol.

I've just sent you a PM  as I am seeking a forum where I can get info on a python I think is living under my house -  how to discourage it

I also want to figure out when it ate the meal  that was about halfway down it's body,  about  the size of a small cat or piglet.

I've got a video of it stretched  out after it decided maybe my front steps might not be a place to digest safely.  I believe it could not fit back through its burrow holes.  Cheers 

Python screen grab.png

On 28/11/2017 at 7:18 AM, PythonHouse said:

If you get bitten by a python (or other snake) and it will not let go and starts to coil, pour some alcohol into its mouth. It will immediately release. It can be any alcohol, even rubbing alcohol.

Thanks I will remember that, but I do know some snake that crave for alcohol but if just remember it is the snakes without legs that it works on.

5 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

I used to have a problem with pigeons getting in and living between the ceiling and the roof... now I don't have that problem anymore as there is a python living there... :cowboy:

That's a classical one: Scylla and Charybdis. (Not Cilla Black.)

I hate pigeons, doves, roosters ..., but I never would allow a python in or around my house.

Please, be very careful.

And to 'PhuketSarah', some posts ago: hope you have already a helping hand to organize this problem.

You could always ask at your local police station. They will help you.

And you shouldn't be afraid. They will not kill this beautiful animal but bring it back to the wild.

20 hours ago, PhuketSarah said:

I've just sent you a PM  as I am seeking a forum where I can get info on a python I think is living under my house -  how to discourage it

I also want to figure out when it ate the meal  that was about halfway down it's body,  about  the size of a small cat or piglet.

I've got a video of it stretched  out after it decided maybe my front steps might not be a place to digest safely.  I believe it could not fit back through its burrow holes.  Cheers 

Python screen grab.png

There's not a great deal you can do to repel snakes. At the minimum you can try sealing up cracks and holes under your house, keep your home rodent free, clean up around the outside, keep your grass short and minimize the areas they could possibly hide/sleep.

Once you have one, really the only option is to get someone who knows how to handle snakes to catch and remove it.  

Depending on where you are, these phone numbers may help or not: https://www.thailandsnakes.com/thailand-snake-notes/need-a-snake-removed-call-these-numbers/

Archived