Romantic Getaways, Live music, Rayong Ban Phe area.

indieke

Hi there,

I am staying for a month at Mae Ram Phueng Beach, near Ban Phe. I am staying there with my Philippine girlfriend. Now we like quiet, but then also to have some nice romantic places, with live bands or good restaurants. We stumbled on  THARATREE WINE BAR, in Rayong and loved it. But we not know Rayong well. So if we can get some adresses for good food, some special places, good places with  live - bands, all welcome! We love also Fusion kitchen (not meaning they sell pizza and Asian food, but mixture of influences).

We just want to discover the possibilities of the area more. In Ban Phe, we only have "Tequila bar". Nice, but always same, owner singing on Karaoke .

2 hours ago, indieke said:

We just want to discover the possibilities of the area more. In Ban Phe, we only have "Tequila bar". Nice, but always same, owner singing on Karaoke .

Ye he is a bit of a ham. I live on the beach there but there is no live music per se, maybe on the weekend you will get a bar with a singer, not sure if purple haze still does it or next door in the bay. If you want romantic Laem Ya bar/restaurant the last bar on the beach at the eastern end where you can have a table almost in the sea. 3/4 of the way up the beach there is an area called Hin Dam where there's a few bars grouped together, probably Mikels being the busiest on the weekend. For live music you will have to go into Rayong where there is an entertainment street with Rayong Brew, Love Club, Zoods and a few others doing live music plus a bar just up from Tesco  Sukhumvit on a crossroads (forget the name) had good live bands a few years ago. Also in Ban Phe you could try Tam nan Par (classic forest) which is a large resort with the  huge restaurant themed as rain forest/jungle and they used to have a duo doing entertainment. Not too far from the beach, it's on a road from Nai Rai to the Sukhumvit highway. 

Here are some places with music and food:

Bizarre Island (the best, near Tharatree)

Zoods (most popular)

Humm  (near Zoods)

Bogie Season 2 (near Bangkok Hospital)

BanRaiSailom (pizza on Hwy 36)

Bantawan (like Tawandaeng)

Langsuan/Cafe in Garden (Near Zoods)

California Steak (Kameo Hotel rooftop)

Others:

New Holiday Inn Rayong (Havent been)

Marriott Ban Phe (Haven't been)

Archived