Do I need to bring a car/motorbike to take the DRIVING TEST at the Land Transport Dept. in Phuket Town ?

Isac Szwarc Brasil

The Department did not accepted my valid Brazilian driver`s license with my valid interntional driver`s license ,because it was from a different international convention.So they booked me for a DRIVING TEST Dec 12th.  Do I need to bring a car /motorbike to take the test ? I do not have a car or motorbike.

Thank you for your help.

Isac Brasil.

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Interesting question: 

I suspect you will need to provide your own 'test transport'.... 

You should easily be able to hire a Car / Motorbike for the tests... although if attempting both tests on the same day you may find yourself attempting a little logistical trickery in getting both there !

Thank you Richard.Any experience with the test ?

Ask some one nicely, who also doing the test if you could borrow car/motorbike for doing your test round.

I did it this way while doing my motorbike license and only had my own car.

But be prepared that you will get a tricky motorbike/car lol. My test round was easy but it was difficult to control the old tricky motorbike which i borrowed.

2 minutes ago, schlog said:

Ask some one nicely, who also doing the test if you could borrow car/motorbike for doing your test round.

I did it this way while doing my motorbike license and only had my own car.

But be prepared that you will get a tricky motorbike/car lol. My test round was easy but it was difficult to control the old tricky motorbike which i borrowed.

Thank you.

I did both tests the same day, it isn't much of a problem, 2 sets of the computer test has to be done, they photocopied most of the other documents so there was no need for two sets of "Originals" I took my own car, (there were none for hire at the office I used) however, it was possible to rent a clapped out old scooter for the bike test for 100 Baht. Getting a loaner bike should be pretty easy, but getting a car....I doubt that would be as simple.

The tests themselves - Practical last less than about 5 minutes,  I was lucky, the examiner I had spoke good English and sort ushered me around from test to test, as I was the only foreigner there. 

A friend of mine "rented" a car for his test. It was 100 Baht for the test drive on a pick-up with manual gear. He could not change to the reverse gear during the test, so I walked along and put the gear in, whenever he needed it. Just a grip through the window, that was it. He passed the test anyway...

On 11/29/2017 at 11:46 AM, Isac Szwarc Brasil said:

Thank you Richard.Any experience with the test ?

I'm afraid not....  I was able to simply transfer my UK License and IDP across to a Thai Driving License (car only) without having to take the full test. 

I did have to take a very rudimentary Colour Blindness Test, Depth of Vision Test (if thats what its called) and the Emergency Breaking test.

It may help you to brush up on the Written part of the test as some of the questions are quite obscure and in some cases defy logic. 

On 11/29/2017 at 11:38 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Interesting question: 

I suspect you will need to provide your own 'test transport'.... 

You should easily be able to hire a Car / Motorbike for the tests... although if attempting both tests on the same day you may find yourself attempting a little logistical trickery in getting both there !

could put m/b in back of a pick up

!!!!!

On 11/29/2017 at 11:47 AM, LivinginKata said:

I just hire a motorbike taxi outside the gate to take my bike test as I had my car with me. Yes, you need to supply your own vehicles.

and wear shoes , leave the back-pack at home  oh... and no shorts .....

On 30/11/2017 at 9:08 AM, Formaleins said:

I did both tests the same day, it isn't much of a problem, 2 sets of the computer test has to be done, they photocopied most of the other documents so there was no need for two sets of "Originals" I took my own car, (there were none for hire at the office I used) however, it was possible to rent a clapped out old scooter for the bike test for 100 Baht. Getting a loaner bike should be pretty easy, but getting a car....I doubt that would be as simple.

The tests themselves - Practical last less than about 5 minutes,  I was lucky, the examiner I had spoke good English and sort ushered me around from test to test, as I was the only foreigner there. 

Thank you.Question,was that at Phuket Town Department ?