Chalong underpass construction stalls – again

snoop1130

Chalong underpass construction stalls – again

Shela Riva

1511952045_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- The beleaguered Chalong underpass project has yet again ground to halt, this time due to “a number of setbacks”, including having to move water pipes and electrical poles.

The project has progressed by only 2% in a month, now at 27% completion, from 25% completion last month on Oct 24.

“The project is progressing slowly right now due to having to wait for a number of parts of the project that need to be resolved,” project engineer Somkiet Yimpong explained to The Phuket News today (Nov 29).

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/chalong-underpass-construction-stalls-again-64910.php#KOoRRw08K2X6eHzw.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-11-29

On Tuesday left home in Rawai at 1610 on Tuesday, the tailback on Viset road was as far back as the green leaf fuel service station, i did not go thru the circle until 1705, the way they are going with the construction the tailback in peak periods will be as far back as Sai Yuan road  

Edited by madmax2

31 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Happy I never pass there, this project will take longer than all the other underpasses combined.

Madmitch said its the same mob who built the Tesco Lotus underpass which was not completed on time as well, they way things are going at Chalong circle it will be another 4 years before its completed and opened

Incompetent di#* heads !!!, talking about electricity poles again ! They have been moving them for a year, causing great jams on the Chao Fa West rd. What a joke. Many businesses have closed down as a result. And water pipes, is that a new issue ? It reeks as if a 5 y.o. Is in charge.

2 hours ago, madmax2 said:

On Tuesday left home in Rawai at 1610 on Tuesday, the tailback on Viset road was as far back as the green leaf fuel service station, i did not go thru the circle until 1705, the way they are going with the construction the tailback in peak periods will be as far back as Sai Yuan road  

Probably almost quicker to go over view point, down to Kata, then to the circle.  I know if I have to go to the circle from Rawai to the circle during any kind of busy hour, that's what I'll do.  

Speaking of Sai Yuan, Mrs SP told me a couple of days ago traffic was backed up to Sai Yuan.

1 minute ago, steelepulse said:

Probably almost quicker to go over view point, down to Kata, then to the circle.  I know if I have to go to the circle from Rawai to the circle during any kind of busy hour, that's what I'll do.  

Speaking of Sai Yuan, Mrs SP told me a couple of days ago traffic was backed up to Sai Yuan.

Same, when coming back from the beach(Nai Harn) in the car anywhere near 15/1600 I go via view point, definitely quicker IMO.

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

I tried that recently in a morning peak period thinking it would be quicker like you, there were traffic jams in Patong and further up the coast and it ended up taking a lot longer

Gone back to the Chalong circle way again but try to avoid the peak periods which you cannot always do

8 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

I tried that recently in a morning peak period thinking it would be quicker like you, there were traffic jams in Patong and further up the coast and it ended up taking a lot longer

Gone back to the Chalong circle way again but try to avoid the peak periods which you cannot always do

SP is talking about going via Kata, not Patong.

I do the same sometimes at peak periods, works fine, although traffic from Kata to Chalong has increased now as well (no surprise there). But a lot faster than coming from Rawai anytime the traffic is backed up close to Lemon Green.

5 hours ago, conchara said:

If these planners, engineers and the construction company working in Chalong had been employed to build the channel tunnel between England and France it would take them more than 180 years.

And would eventually have 2 sharp corners in the middle due to misalignment

3 hours ago, beechbum said:

Same, when coming back from the beach(Nai Harn) in the car anywhere near 15/1600 I go via view point, definitely quicker IMO.

Been going the coast road for a long time now to get to Kata/Karon from the beach end of Rawai near Viset rd

It would be the same going from Nai Harn to Chalong you do not have the tailbacks on Patak rd that you have on Viset rd

I though the coast rd would be a quicker way to the airport in peak periods as well, but its not because all the built up areas have tailbacks along the coastal rd

Coming from Rawai the only times you can get a decent run thru the circle most of the time is at about 1030 and 1400 hours

30 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Previously unknown water pipes were the same excuses they used for delays on the Tesco tunnel.

And they have not even used the weather (Rain) as an excuse yet. They can not put all the excuses on the table at the same time, would be too boring.

5 hours ago, chercheur888 said:

And they have not even used the weather (Rain) as an excuse yet. They can not put all the excuses on the table at the same time, would be too boring.

Just out of curiosity, I believe there are some public webcams in various locations in Phuket. Does anyone know for sure if by chance there is the same thing on the south side of the circle, as I could then check how far the back up is and decide to go or to wait? I am not going between 4pm and 8pm as I know back up until Sai Yuan and further normally.

I know, wishful thinking but if I am not mistaken there are some public webcams in Patong. If yes, would appreciate a link, thank you.

17 hours ago, chercheur888 said:

Just out of curiosity, I believe there are some public webcams in various locations in Phuket. Does anyone know for sure if by chance there is the same thing on the south side of the circle, as I could then check how far the back up is and decide to go or to wait? I am not going between 4pm and 8pm as I know back up until Sai Yuan and further normally.

I know, wishful thinking but if I am not mistaken there are some public webcams in Patong. If yes, would appreciate a link, thank you.

Pretty sure there's none.

20 hours ago, chercheur888 said:

With this bs anti adblocker running on the site, i normally won't login and just run no script on the site.  However, this traffic fiasco is a serious problem for those that live south of the circle so I'll pipe in here and suggest using Waze or aother app that shows how bad traffic is.

22 hours ago, chercheur888 said:

4 minutes ago, beechbum said:

He's looking for South of the circle Chalong.

Not according to his post.

26 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Not according to his post.

Yes I am looking for the south side of the circle, I mentioned Patong only as I was assuming that public webcams are available in Patong.

For SP, Waze seems to interesting, but I really don't see why I should grant them access to my Identity, Calendar, Contacts, SMS, Photo/media/files, Camera, microphone, Bluetooth connections, Device ID & call information's. If one does not agree to that no download possible.