A strange question to ask a Thai

webfact

42 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Why do some indicate left when turning right or vice versa? 

42 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Many Thais haven't quite mastered the whole left/right thing. Many give up and don't flash at all.

Bless 'em, it must be very confusing...

Edited by Sid Celery

"she was educated mainly outside Thailand" 

Gotta ask was she really qualified to represent Thailand? she was probably prepped and "told" what thai culture and customs are in preparation to provide a  proper answer is to impress "thai" judges to win the title of miss Thailand.....  however she probably knows very little in terms of whats really happening in Thailand without experiencing first hand what its like to grow up in the country.

Granted the king of thailand was also educated in a foreign country but he spent many years visiting rural Thailand to find out first hand what his people were going through....

4 hours ago, Jerry780 said:

I personally would have had trouble answering this off the bat. Are they given the question prior to the final and really what is improtant to the girl herself. The most movement of any kind be it social, economic or religious has got to be the mass illegal migration of the Middle East & Africa to the rest of the world, the rest is just snowflakes.

I'm sure they aren't given the questions in advance.

I agree it's a difficult question to answer.

Competitions are supposed to be hard.

To add, you also don't understand what social movements are.

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I would like to hear some forum members answers to that question. It is not exactly an easy question to answer off the cuff.

I agree. It's definitely not easy. Either is being the ONE person that emerges as winner of a major international pageant. Tough!

2 hours ago, Sid Celery said:

“What do you think has been the most important social movement of your generation, and why?” 

If she's Thai, she probably said it was Facebook.

There was a previous question in the pageant specifically about social media. So answering the social movement question as if it was about social media would have been an even bigger FAIL than the way she did answer it.

Just now, rwill said:

she should have just said "Article 44"

I said before the sweet spot for her would have probably been some B.S. about youth activism to protect the ENVIRONMENT. Safe B.S. and well spoken, do you really think they expected anything more than that? The pageant is a corporate entity.

8 hours ago, seminomadic said:

Used the most boilerplate answer in that milieu, basically mouthing a Whitney Houston hit, because of #1 & #2 above

Yes, I noted this too in another post. It's always heartwarming when an answer detours off into "I believe that children are out future..."

7 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I would like to hear some forum members answers to that question. It is not exactly an easy question to answer off the cuff.

Sorry Sir, I wrote the correct answer on my cuff. But it must have rubbed off. :shock1:

image.png.d05e1c35419c07ce897488c40dbe6e3c.png