Trump fires back at Britain's May: "Don't focus on me"

webfact

tag_reuters.jpg

On a Christmas themed stage, U.S. President Donald Trump speaks about tax reform legislation in St. Louis, Missouri, U.S. November 29, 2017. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump fired back at British Prime Minister Theresa May over her criticism of his retweeting of anti-Muslim videos, saying she should focus on terrorism in Britain.

"Theresa @theresamay, don't focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom. We are doing just fine," Trump tweeted.

The Twitter handle Trump included in his tweet was not that of the British leader.

(Reporting by Eric Beech; Editing by Eric Walshain)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-11-30

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump hits out at UK PM Theresa May after far-right video tweets

Donald Trump has told UK Prime Minister Theresa May to focus on "terrorism" in the UK after she criticised his sharing of far-right videos.

"Don't focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom," Mr Trump tweeted.

The US president earlier retweeted three inflammatory videos posted online by a British far-right group.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42176507

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-11-30

At least May makes decisions based on facts, not on a pack of lies and propaganda from the hateful far right. Plus, she is right to condemn not only the original videos, but anyone stupid enough to believe them, or spread such vile garbage.

I find it ironic that he couldn't even get Mays twitter address correct. Total loser. Please wake up America.

Edited by darksidedog

19 minutes ago, baboon said:

Yes, why on earth focus on the most powerful individual on the planet spreading hate and outright lies? What is the matter with the woman?

This is who is. It's who he has always been, unfortunately a group of middle American's couldn't see it.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Pointing out your support for racist thugs, isn’t focussing on you trump. 

It’s just an indication that you are an idiot. 

What at an arrogant narcissist you are.   

Go back to your mirror and tell yourself what a wonderful human being you are, 500 repetitions should do it. 

Edited by Bluespunk

This is fascinating stuff and puts the whole racism thing into sharp relief.

There are a significant proportion of the British people that will support Delta Tango (less than 52% now). But the British are not fascists.

I am anti Muslim but I would use much more subtle actions rather than encourage the lunatic fringe and the pogroms they would instigate.

Trump must be excluded from the UK and a line be drawn in the sand as it were. We can't have a "POTUS" encouraging white supremacists in the U.K. as he does in the USA.

This could be an inflexion point. Do the Cons value trade over morality?

6 hours ago, webfact said:

"Don't focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom," Mr Trump tweeted.

It is also happening in the states, but masked by the home grown mass killers.

At least we are having a lot of success getting most of the terrorists locked up before they attack. 

The NRA's puppet has done nothing to stop the daily slayings in the states.

Edited by Basil B

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

At least May makes decisions based on facts, not on a pack of lies and propaganda from the hateful far right. Plus, she is right to condemn not only the original videos, but anyone stupid enough to believe them, or spread such vile garbage.

I find it ironic that he couldn't even get Mays twitter address correct. Total loser. Please wake up America.

It's Trump bashing time again...................

9 minutes ago, hugocnx said:

Hardly surprising when this narcissist is not right in the head.......he brings it upon himself with his idiotic tweets and comments.

A total prat.

Edited by xylophone

5 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Guess that the truth hits too close to the bone for May, eh? 

Shame she doesn't have the stones Maggie had. 

I can assure you that Thatcher was no fascist.

How ironic that the Americans fed us all that nonsense about how they saved us all from white supremacism and now they have a NAZI POTUS!! ?

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

Don't rub it in, after his state visit has once again been pushed back, pencilled in for next spring has now been pushed back even further as the royal family will be far too busy next spring. :partytime2:

I hear that Harry will invite Obama over next Spring but not  Delta Tango ?

25 minutes ago, hugocnx said:

You people chose a moron. We respect your choice; it suits you!

Delta Tango is an embarrassment; if you don't understand that then I suggest you get help.

5 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Guess that the truth hits too close to the bone for May, eh? 

Shame she doesn't have the stones Maggie had. 

Ye. Maggi would have the EU Ransomists shaking in their boots. One of the greatest PM's Britain ever had. All guts and no bull shit. She would stick her finger up to them on TV.

28 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

May has hit him where it really hurts...........and gonna delay his state visit. That'll teach him!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Nothing will teach him. He's the ideal person to lead the USA. I'm sure you're all very proud. I understand he's wealthy! Wow!

35 minutes ago, shaurene said:

Ye. Maggi would have the EU Ransomists shaking in their boots. One of the greatest PM's Britain ever had. All guts and no bull shit. She would stick her finger up to them on TV.

Hi Shaurene! How y'all doin?

Do you know anything?

Nevermind....

37 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Yes the whole family and the Clinton's too...

They ought to invite all living presidents except the orange troll. That would make him EXPLODE. Heck, throw in some dead ones as well!

Edited by Jingthing