Isaan Love Triangle: Thai Men Found Lacking By Farang-Loving Women

webfact

17 minutes ago, kaorop said:

When i lived in an issarn town i saw and knew many thai men with good jobs or sucessful businesses supporting their families, their wives and wives families...they dont have the time, language skill or desire to associate with the average frang sloth whos on a noose held by a poorly educated poor issarn bargirl...stereotypes abound hey?

Lol what a story. You were quite inventing. THAI man supporting and of superior intelligence you say. We need to get the full script and there maybe a story here in the fiction categories lol

Edited by Media1

“While farang men have shown themselves willing to change how they displayed their masculinity, changing from sex tourists to good son-in-laws, Isaan men have not, making them less desirable as marriage partners to local women,” Patcharin concluded.

I dare say I have not changed how I display my masculinity as a farang sex tourist son-in-law, I still have my cake and eat it too, boo hoo !

Good luck to all my fellow expats.  If I'm being honest, I wonder if there is real reciprocal attraction- it does seem to be the elephant in the room that is not talked about here.  The French guy is much younger than the typical expat I'd wager. I do understand that physical attraction is possibly much less important than it might be for many males, yet wonder if the women will be truly satisfied.  Still, life is a series of compromises.  The romantic ideal might be a lot of hogwash too.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Lol what a story. You were quite inventing. THAI man supporting and of superior intelligence you say. We need to get the full script and there maybe a story here in the fiction categories lol

You've got no idea none what so ever, totally clueless or is it that....... you are what i described and you cant face that stark reality,.. i could post pictures and name names but they are my friends and they certainly wouldnt want to be mentioned in the same thread as you...?? and i feel the same bye bye blocking now oh clueless. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Strange, but the vast majority of Thai women I see in Chiang Mai are with Thai men.  I'm talking like 99%.  So these Thai women secretly wish to be with a farang?

Same here but I only visit  -  lived all over Thailand, and most well off Thai men would go up to Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai to fetch a wife, the area is known for the most beautiful (naturally beautiful) women in Thailand.

7 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Cows in Berkeley? Good jobs in issan?

if there are such good jobs in issan, why does half the population go to bangkok to work and the other half tend to rice and farm animals...

what is the poorest region in thailand unfortunately?

The poorest of the provinces often have the most women who go elsewhere to make money--often to the bars; then, with success, back to the province with their jackpots.

I think a key point from the article is below:

'While in matrilineal Isaan culture, sons-in-law are expected to support their wives’ families without earning the mantle of household leadership.'

In Isaan, woman are traditionally the head of the household and the men are expected to support their wive's family. This is a lot of expectation to heap on a young, rural, Thai man, with a poor education/poor prospects, and its no wonder so many duck out of their responsibilities.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

The poorest of the provinces often have the most women who go elsewhere to make money--often to the bars; then, with success, back to the province with their jackpots.

You're talking like it's still stuck in the 1980's.

Plenty empty bars and lovelorn, lonely old mongers to suggest that this business model has passed the use-by date. That was day but now it's night.

...and the bar is still empty.

17 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Cows in Berkeley? Good jobs in issan?

if there are such good jobs in issan, why does half the population go to bangkok to work and the other half tend to rice and farm animals...

what is the poorest region in thailand unfortunately?

It still is and always was Sisaket.

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Strange, but the vast majority of Thai women I see in Chiang Mai are with Thai men.  I'm talking like 99%.  So these Thai women secretly wish to be with a farang?

I have heard this story of the inadequacy of the local male and the superiority of the foreign male in every country I have ever visited--including the UK. The story is especially prevalent in countries where foreigners frequently have more money.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You're talking like it's still stuck in the 1980's.

Plenty empty bars and lovelorn, lonely old mongers to suggest that this business model has passed the use-by date. That was day but now it's night.

...and the bar is still empty.

Gee, I wonder why so many girls from Isaan are working in the bars I frequent in Southern Thailand?

7 minutes ago, hobobo said:

Just an aside... if Dimitri ever wants or needs a break, I volunteer to travel to Issan and take care of Supawadee

So then ..... may we assume you are 30yo, devishly "hansum", with a great mop of natural hair, and reasonably toned ?

imageproxy.php.jpg

2 minutes ago, electric said:

So then ..... may we assume you are 30yo, devishly "hansum", with a great mop of natural hair, and reasonably toned ?

imageproxy.php.jpg

People say a lot of things when under the influence of alcohol. She needs a real man like me!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ryane66 said:

There are two totally different types of Isaan women in Isaan with faring husbands. Those previously working in Pattaya or the likes and returning with their farang husband. And those from Isaan that were usually previously married to a Thai man. What the author is describing l think is mainly the second group. Many in this group are educated and come from a good family. They can be teachers, lawyers, nurses, business ladies. Most are looking for a stable happy life. They are tired of the Thai males attitude. My partner is in this group and on a regular basis friends and work mates are asking her to find them a faring boyfriend/husband. 

You have no idea

Then there's the 3 rd

The ones that actually went to Bangkok from Isaan that got a job with their friends in a factory (been there my self )

Quite a few time unanounced 

6 hours ago, ryane66 said:

There are two totally different types of Isaan women in Isaan with faring husbands. Those previously working in Pattaya or the likes and returning with their farang husband. And those from Isaan that were usually previously married to a Thai man. What the author is describing l think is mainly the second group. Many in this group are educated and come from a good family. They can be teachers, lawyers, nurses, business ladies. Most are looking for a stable happy life. They are tired of the Thai males attitude. My partner is in this group and on a regular basis friends and work mates are asking her to find them a faring boyfriend/husband. 

It is pretty bloody frightening how quickly a professionally qualified female less than half your age - for example, ahem, say a pharmacist in Bangkok Hospital - will ask you whether you have a girlfriend. I'm not really sure how I feel about it: creeped out is part of it. 

Edited by Craig krup
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, exparte said:

I live up country in Issan. What I see is the Women working to support the family while the men lie around drink and play cards all day long and then get into an argument with the wife and beat the kids; and for the ones who do work are usually have a couple of other women they are also supporting. It is not hard to see why these women are looking for men elsewhere. I wish I knew more eligible men.

I live in Issan and I'm eligible, Ha!

7 minutes ago, Craig krup said:

It is pretty bloody frightening how quickly a professionally qualified female less than half your age - for example, ahem, say a pharmacist in Bangkok Hospital - will ask you whether you have a girlfriend. I'm not really sure how I feel about it: creeped out is part of it. 

Frightening !! Well if i was single & capable with hopefully some stunner asking that question there would certainly be no hesitation in the reply

• Like 1