Trump says U.S. Secretary of State Tillerson not leaving post

rooster59

Trump says U.S. Secretary of State Tillerson not leaving post

640x640 (2).jpg

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson (L) listens to U.S. President Donald Trump speak during a meeting with his Cabinet at the White House in Washington, U.S., November 20, 2017. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is not leaving, President Donald Trump tweeted on Friday, after U.S. officials on Thursday said the White House had a plan for CIA Director Mike Pompeo to replace him.

"The media has been speculating that I fired Rex Tillerson or that he would be leaving soon - FAKE NEWS! He’s not leaving and while we disagree on certain subjects, (I call the final shots) we work well together and America is highly respected again!" Trump said on Twitter.

The tweet linked to a picture of Tillerson being sworn in as secretary of state with Trump and Vice President Mike Pence looking on.

Senior administration officials on Thursday said that Trump was considering a plan to oust Tillerson, whose relationship with the president has been strained by the top U.S. diplomat's softer line on North Korea and other policy differences, as well as by reports in October that he called the president a "moron."

Tillerson has not directly addressed whether he made the comment, though his spokeswoman denied it. The New York Times on Thursday first reported the White House plan to replace him.

Asked to comment on some White House officials wanting him to resign, how the matter was being handled and what his plans were, Tillerson replied: "It's laughable. It's laughable."

His comments came as he posed for pictures with Libyan Prime Minister Fayez al-Sarraj of the United Nations-backed government in Tripoli.

Tillerson visits Europe next week to attend NATO meetings in Brussels on Tuesday and Wednesday, an Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) meeting in Vienna on Thursday and talks with French officials in Paris on Friday.

He is tentatively scheduled to meet Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in Vienna on Thursday on the sidelines of the OSCE meeting, a senior State Department official told reporters.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-12-02

Right before firing Preet Bihara (Fed attorney in Trump's Manhattan district), Trump told Preet personally, that he wouldn't fire him.

There's a long list of people Trump has fired, before and after he became prez, that he promised he wouldn't fire prior.  Tillerson and Sessions are toast.  Jared should  have been out before he started, but Trump likes to keep the worst by his side, including Cohen and (ugh), Miller.

Meanwhile, Pence keeps mum and hides behinds the drapes - the smartest thing he can do, because every time he utters something, he shows what a carved-out-of-soap ding-dong he is.

Has anyone noticed a pattern here? Just before he fires someone, he says he will not fire them. Truth means nothing to this circus clown. He lives in an alternative universe, called planet Donald. It is always about him. The US and the world, and the people mean nothing to him. It is all about him. 

"The media has been speculating that I fired Rex Tillerson or that he would be leaving soon - FAKE NEWS! He’s not leaving and while we disagree on certain subjects, (I call the final shots) we work well together and America is highly respected again!" Trump said on Twitter.

No Don. That is not the case. And do you want to know why? Because you are president. Saying America will be highly respected again, while you are it's leader, is like saying a crocodile is a gentle, cuddly creature, or the sun is a very cool orb, or the moon is only 100 miles away, or Thai women like us because we are beautiful, or creation began 6,000 years ago (is that not what Pence said?), or there is no salmon in Alaska. Just more BS from the king of disinformation. That is who you are, and who you have always been. That is who you will be remembered as, long after your disgraced administration and presidency ends. 

Edited by spidermike007

How anyone can work in an environment like this is incredible. And how anyone can support a leader like this is incredible. Beyond belief.

Trump’s campaign: Big Macs, screaming fits and constant rivalries
http://wapo.st/2AmDNGq

“Did you say I shouldn’t be on TV on Sunday? I’ll go on TV anytime I g--dam f---ing want and you won’t say another f---ing word about me!” Trump yelled at Manafort, according to Lewandowski. “Tone it down? I wanna turn it up! . . . You’re a political pro?