I Cannot Get My Microphone To Work

djc45

Doubble click the Speaker icon in the quick-launc, in the upcoming menu go to OPTIONS and than PROPERTIES. If the Microphone is unchecked, check it and remove the check mark by the microphone on the equalizer. If this didn't work, check the BIOS settings of the computer

Doubble click the Speaker icon in the quick-launc, in the upcoming menu go to OPTIONS and than PROPERTIES. If the Microphone is unchecked, check it and remove the check mark by the microphone on the equalizer. If this didn't work, check the BIOS settings of the computer

May need to check the "Advanced" tab for the soundcard properties to see what is in there too.......

Got Linux on my laptop so trying to go from memory.

Edited by SqdnGuns

May need to check the "Advanced" tab for the soundcard properties to see what is in there too.......

Got Linux on my laptop so trying to go from memory.

I believe he have the sound onboard and not a sound card. So, he need to check the BIOS.

If the mic want work, take the MB to the dealer and let them "play"!

how do i check the bios the microphone works ok on my laptop

i dont have a soundcard only the onboard sound

i had windows reinstalled and i had a problem getting the speakers to work but i downloaded drivers for that and now they work ok but i cannot uncheck the mic in the slide bar controll

i have an AMD motherboard

i would like to do it myself other than just take it to a dealer if anyone can help i also have a friend with the same problem on his new desk top

cheers for any help

Open "Control Panel" and double click on "Sounds and Audio devices". Select the Audio tab and look at what it shows for Default Device under Sound Recording.

it say's c-media wave device

Please do this test:

Start-->Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices-->Voice-->Test Hardware

Run test and report back

Also under that window "Voice" check what is set for Voice Recording > Default Device Also click on the "Volume" and see if the mute is on.