U.S. Embassy hands 2017 ‘Best American Burger in Thailand’ to 25 Degrees Bangkok

webfact

U.S. Embassy hands 2017 ‘Best American Burger in Thailand’ to 25 Degrees Bangkok

By Prae Sakaowan 

us.jpg

The “Knockout Burger” by 25 Degrees Bangkok. Photo: Courtesy of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok

In the ultimate burger showdown, Bangkok’s 25 Degrees, a high-end American burger restaurant with three outposts in the states, won the title of the “Best American Burger in Thailand” from the U.S. Embassy on Friday.

In a public battle between 10 burger joints in Thailand at CentralWorld, 25 Degrees held their title for the third year in a row with the “Knockout Burger,” creatively presented in a mini barbecue stove.

The Knockout Burger, prepared by Thai chef Suwisit Wanchan, features a beef patty made of a mix of chuck roll and short plate meat to ensure a velvety texture. The bun is a brioche made with rye wheat, while the meat was topped with spicy aioli, a slice of Washington apple deep fried in tempura batter, and two kinds of cheese — sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack. The burger was served with hash browns.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/food-drink/u-s-embassy-hands-2017-best-american-burger-thailand-25-degrees-bangkok/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-12-04

3 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

Apple on a burger.  

That is as un-American and disgusting as putting a fried egg on a burger.

And no fries?

US Embassy, shame on you!

I can pretty much guarantee you that the burgers I make here at home (Kanchanaburi) are better than this one. And I've taught Mama to make the best fries too. Served only to my honored guests, at my abode.

2 hours ago, LNKDES1 said:

I can pretty much guarantee you that the burgers I make here at home (Kanchanaburi) are better than this one. And I've taught Mama to make the best fries too. Served only to my honored guests, at my abode.

What time should I be there?

Forgive me for asking but in the picture provided, "is that also a dead fish on the plate in the top RH section"...A Real Hamburger in Aus is on a large flat bun.  Ground beef (only beef) with small pieces of onion mixed in and bound together with a binder, I use egg, extra onion if you like, plenty of lettuce. plenty of tomato and maybe a fried egg as an optional extra (Sydney they put beetroot on also).  Finally lots tomato sauce (not ketchup).  How the hell did you ever start calling Tomato Sauce Ketchup?  Ancient Rome even used to call it tomato sauce they invented it.  How did you ever star calling it Ketchup????   And mayonnaise on a hamburger, never heard of it in Australia till McDonalds and Burger King came marching in to Australia...bloody awful, TOMATO SAUCE  any day...and shame on the US Embassy you have a lot to learn about Hamburgers.