MRT Attack: Man swings belt at fellow passenger

snoop1130

MRT Attack: Man swings belt at fellow passenger

By Coconuts Bangkok

rtygh.JPG

In a story that has gone viral today, an MRT rider was stalked and attacked by a mentally-ill passenger on the platform of Bang Phlu station on Saturday, as the victim called out an on-duty security guard for not trying to stop the attack.

In a public account posted to Facebook, Katipong Kulakul, 28, claimed that when he was riding the airport rail link on Saturday, he saw his would-be attacker film a woman’s breasts on the train. As both of them got out at Makkasan to change to the MRT, Katipong reported the man’s behavior to the station’s security guard, but he got away.

As Katipong queued up to buy a train ticket, he realized that the man he just reported for sexual harassment stood behind him in the line and it scared him. Katipong told the man to back off, which escalated to an argument.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/mrt-attack-man-swings-belt-fellow-passenger-video/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-12-4

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's very unfair to say that the security guard did nothing. At the end of the video you can clearly see him blowing his whistle.

He is not blowing his whistle, he is using his walkie-talkie to get reinforcement, may-be the Thai equivalent of the S.W.A.T. ( Special Weapons And Tactics) as he rightly realized he could not deal alone with this major security breach.

to get reinforcement

On my first visit to Thailand I was struck by how frail and old some of the "security guards" were. I quickly came to the conclusion that, like most things in Thailand, they were just for show, a body in a uniform. This was quickly confirmed by the BTS guards when "checking" my bags on entry. If you have pretend security guards you will only get pretend security.

Also, you have to remember that for Thais to attack/intervene there needs to be at least 5-10 Thais for each victim.

I'm actually a little surprised that Thai people don't know how things work in Thailand.

7 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

How many of their stories go "Viral" ???

It's not even a good story, so why would it ever go "Viral" ??

Hub, Viral, Netizens !!! The world is going nuts...

Maybe it's you that's "going nuts."

The rowdy was mentally ill and would need a good clinical-locked-up treatment until he is safe enough to be let loose....

...but the security guard, in his shiny paratrooper boots and special forces gala uniform, who did not react,  should be plainly sacked on the spot !!....he would be better off in flip flops selling soft drinks at the MRT entrance instead !!!

Edited by observer90210

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

On my first visit to Thailand I was struck by how frail and old some of the "security guards" were. I quickly came to the conclusion that, like most things in Thailand, they were just for show, a body in a uniform. This was quickly confirmed by the BTS guards when "checking" my bags on entry. If you have pretend security guards you will only get pretend security.

Also, you have to remember that for Thais to attack/intervene there needs to be at least 5-10 Thais for each victim.

I'm actually a little surprised that Thai people don't know how things work in Thailand.

The MRT security guards are the best in Thailand, maybe the world, as they shine a torch at a closed bag for a nanosecond before waving you through. I'd like one of those magic torches. Anyone know where to buy one?