Triband Gsm Phones

sbk

I was looking at a tri-band GSM phone I could use here and in the US. Don't need one with a camera, just phone and text messaging. How much would one cost in Bangkok? What about used? A friend of mine told me MBK has a good selection of fairly decent used mobiles, what do you think?

Hi, :D

in Place of You,i would try to get one in Your Homecounty(for Example via Ebay) about Your Friends or Family and let it send by Post to Thailand.Is probably the cheapest Way and the best Choice as well.

I dont understand if You're in Us or in Thailand?

Just my 2cent's :o

Paraglider

thailand but going back to the US soon. would like one I can use when I travel.

You really think they are cheaper in the US than in Thailand? I've checked out ebay, may give it a try if I don't have any luck in MBK

was in mbk yesterday to get myself a new phone as the old one finally gave up the ghost.

base model nokias are less than 4000 baht and all you have to do is slip in a local sim card.

have a prepaid thai and a prepaid US card.

4th floor at mbk has all the phone shops, you are probably best off buying a new phone. a prepaid sim card will set you back 300-600 baht( depends how much credit comes with the card), and the people you buy the phone off will set it all up for you if you require.

check out http://www.esato.com/phones/findphone.php

if you want to compare a few models

:o

The EBay route should get you a basic phone, new, unlocked, for about $50 USD. That's something like 2000 baht?

Seems to be the best way to go, what with the over supply of phones on the US market.

Also, for 1900-band USA use, I can recommend the T-Mobile EasySpeak prepaid SIM cards available on EBay. Provided their network coverage suits you - its a little spotty outside metropolitan and interstate areas. T-Mobile has a promotion on through the end of July 2004. When you buy a "plus-up" card to add minutes (low as $25 USD) the minutes credited to your account last for one year.

Also, its OK to get a locked T-Mobile phone (which usually go cheaper) because T-Mobile will unlock it for you after 90 days of service. If that fits your situation.

kenk3z

thanks for the t-mobile tip. If I can't find a cheap triband phone then I will just buy a cheap phone in the US and leave it with my parents as they don't have a cell phone anyway (must be the last people in the US without one!). Thanks again everyone!