Upgrading graphics card

Becker

I'm planning to upgrade my graphics card from a GeForce GTX 750 to a 1050 and have been told i might need to update the BIOS. How can I verify if that is true or not? I have attached the specs of my PC if anyone cares to have a look.

Motherboard.JPG

Info.JPG

The BIOS updates on that board merely address later CPU compatibility. Moreover, partspicker (usual reference for parts compatibility) says a 1050ti is compatible. (I like the Ti better).

5a276e2d49963_Screenshot-2017-12-6SystemBuilder-GeForceGTX1050Ti4GBGAMINGX4G-PCPartPicker.png.ba9859fe4ecffa9c2993c853f9270383.png

So no need to update the BIOS.

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

The BIOS updates on that board merely address later CPU compatibility. Moreover, partspicker (usual reference for parts compatibility) says a 1050ti is compatible. (I like the Ti better).

5a276e2d49963_Screenshot-2017-12-6SystemBuilder-GeForceGTX1050Ti4GBGAMINGX4G-PCPartPicker.png.ba9859fe4ecffa9c2993c853f9270383.png

So no need to update the BIOS.

Thanks for the info. Could you please post the link to that website? I tried doing a search but cannot find the compatibility function.

Edited by Becker

• 1 month later...
On 06/12/2017 at 5:31 AM, JSixpack said:

Hi,

Am thinking of building my own PC.

When you buy the parts suggested at pcpartpicker.com for a complete pc build, does the motherboard and PSU come with all the cables you will need eg SATA and power cables for hard drives? Or do these cables have to be ordered separately?

Thanks in advance.

37 minutes ago, katana said:

Hi,

Am thinking of building my own PC.

When you buy the parts suggested at pcpartpicker.com for a complete pc build, does the motherboard and PSU come with all the cables you will need eg SATA and power cables for hard drives? Or do these cables have to be ordered separately?

Thanks in advance.

PSU will have a number of cables, check the specs to see which and how many. Modern quality PSUs will almost always have all you need for the average new build. Mainboards usually come w/ a few SATA cables; again, check the specs at the manufacturer's site for the exact number. Good luck w/ your new build.

Thanks. Lots of PC build guides on Youtube how to do it and with a site like pcpartpicker.com removing any unforeseen incompatibility problems between parts, it looks doable from my end.

Edited by katana