extending a tourist visa

hi  

i’m looking to extend a tourist visa the one you  obtain as you land in thailand .

are you able to extend it as i will be there for a week past my 30 day limit. 

just wondering if it’s possible and how you go about it 

thanks 

Edited by obagz88

5 minutes ago, obagz88 said:

how do you ask for an exempt visa ?

You just give your passport and your arrival card to officer on entry. With no visa in your passport they will stamp you in for a 30 day visa exempt entry.

2 hours ago, obagz88 said:

how do you ask for an exempt visa ?

You've answered your own question.

8 hours ago, obagz88 said:

i’m looking to extend a tourist visa the one you  obtain as you land in thailand

Except it isn't a visa.

The need for a visa is waived (for many nationalities) upon arrival if you didn't get a visa before traveling and immigrations gives you a 30 day permission to stay in Thailand without the need for a visa.

During the last week of your 30 day stay, you can go to an immigration office and get a 30 day extension of your permission to stay. You're not extending a visa. You never got a visa. You're extending  your permission to remain in Thailand.

Even if you go into immigrations several days before your first permission to stay expires, the new 30 days is added to the first 30 days, so you don't lose any days by going in early.

Just to take this 30 day extension thread a little further if I may,

A friend of mine is coming over on a 90 day Non Imm O and has realised he's going to fall short because he miscalculated his flight by eight days, (how you ask, because he's thick, I told him so because he did the same thing last year but only by three days, he listened to his bar buddies that told him he'd only get a one day fine because they'd only charge him for the second day, first day free, and he would be airside before the third day, they knocked him for three days which cost him 1.500Baht fine plus he got an overstay stamp!).

But he did save 400baht! (he squeaks when he walks so changing his departure flight is a big no no) ;-)

I know he will have to go to immigration for an extension but my question is what will he need to take with him, apart from his passport, a photo and the 1.900Baht fee?

I've waded through many pages about what he'll need but there were so many conflicting ideas that I decided to ask you guys.

He does not qualify for any extension unless is married to a Thai or is the parent of a Thai.

He can apply for an extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country when the extension is denied.

He will need a copy of his passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure. He will need to complete TM7 form and attach a 4 X 6 cm to it.