The Always Popular Window Tint Concept

Just Weird

Thought that this YouTube video may be of interest here.  It clarifies some of the common misconceptions regarding light transmission, UVA reduction and in-car heat issues. 

Personally, I use no tint at all, but that's just me.  Any thoughts from the ultra-knowledgeable here?

Edited by Just Weird

I don't like Autoidiotexpert either irritating to say the least. :sick:

The truck we got recently came with a free option tint and it's not too dark but mirrored look from outside and good for night driving.

My daughter's City is mirrored to but too dark at the side windows no good at night if there is no street lights or poor street lighting.

On 12/7/2017 at 2:27 PM, JAS21 said:

That bloke is a complete a---hole ... No I haven't watched this one and won't ...wasted my time on a couple of his others though ..

I don't like the bloke either but he has done his homework with this one and a lot of what he says  does answer stuff...:stoner:

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

...also good for blinding other drivers with sunlight reflection.

Now that's weird,  I've never had problem with sunlight reflection from other tinted car windows maybe you'll go on about reflection from wing mirrors next.

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Now that's weird,  I've never had problem with sunlight reflection from other tinted car windows maybe you'll go on about reflection from wing mirrors next.

No, I don't see a problem with them as they're very small and directed towards the inside of the car, bit different to mirrored windows.

15 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, I don't see a problem with them as they're very small and directed towards the inside of the car, bit different to mirrored windows.

Well I have ...not that often but when it does it's quite unpleasent. 

21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

mirrored windows.

There're a tinted windscreen film with a mirror effect they are not a mirror.

You can argue your point till cows home but you would never convince me a tint film is no good apart from the very dark ones. 

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

There're a tinted windscreen film with a mirror effect they are not a mirror.

You can argue your point till cows home but you would never convince me a tint film is no good apart from the very dark ones. 

I know that they are not a mirror, for god's sake, the effect is no different, though.

I'm not arguing for or against tint in general, I did comment on what one of the downsides of mirrored film can be to other drivers.  Whether you could be convinced that my observation is correct or not is slightly less than inconsequential to me.