Uk birth certificate authentication

cooked

HI. I need someone to certify that the copy of the birth certificate that I need to send to the UK is in fact a copy of the original. There is a long list of people - doctors, bank managers, priests etc that are supposed to be able to do this but my bank refused this morning. The UK embassy site specifically states that it will not authenticate copies. If I get a copy from the UK it will almost certainly not arrive by post as soeone between here and the post office steals all our letters. 

Anybody else got someone to certify? Will the Amphur help? Any old doctor? 

Thanks.

I've normally used a local lawyer, but he charges 1000baht per document. If it's not mandatory to have  a lawyer notarise it, one time I got a neighbour who teaches at an International School to get it endorsed by the school, another friend once used a pharmacy where he is a regular customer, both of these were accepted.

32 minutes ago, cooked said:

Yes. But I'm not going to send it, as mentioned it will never be returned.

What are you using the birth certificate for. Perhaps a passport?

For a passport application you do not have to send the original. For a renewal it is not required at all.

If needed the passport office at Trendy will look at the original to confirm the copy is correct.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What are you using the birth certificate for. Perhaps a passport?

For a passport application you do not have to send the original. For a renewal it is not required at all.

If needed the passport office at Trendy will look at the original to confirm the copy is correct.

Oh dear. I am applying for a UK pension, and this is one of the documents that are required. Original or certified copy.

23 minutes ago, cooked said:

Oh dear. I am applying for a UK pension, and this is one of the documents that are required. Original or certified copy.

I could not see where you mentioned what it was need for.

You could get the copy notarized by at a law office here. I would think that would be accepted by them.

Archived