Send money as a gift to Thai recipient and Thai bank

There is only talk of about approximately Thb 400,000, - but are there any precautions I should take as  sender of the money? I myself live here and pay tax in Thailand but hope that this is not a worry when this is not wired to myself!

Thanks

Felt.

If I understand you correctly, you want to do a bank transfer in Thailand from your Thai bank account to a Thai persons bank account.    The money is a gift and the amount is around 400,000 THB.

Why would anyone care?   It's your money, you can transfer it to anyone you please.

52 minutes ago, seancbk said:

If I understand you correctly, you want to do a bank transfer in Thailand from your Thai bank account to a Thai persons bank account.    The money is a gift and the amount is around 400,000 THB.

Why would anyone care?   It's your money, you can transfer it to anyone you please.

That's correct. The only drawback would be the daily limit set by the sender's bank. May have to do a couple of transfers or maybe adjust the limit with your bank.

Here are 2 precautions you can take.

1. Send a small amount first and check with the intended recipient. This will cost you 25 Baht.

2. When you set up the transfer and before pressing confirm the name of the holder of the recipient's bank account will appear on your screen. Check it matches your expectations.

7 hours ago, seancbk said:

Sorry I should have made it clear that its from my account abroad.

4 hours ago, maprao said:

Buy me fan love you long time

send to me I take care 400000 for you:partytime2:

Not really like that and you know not everyone have not a life as yourself. Its actually a small part of a inheritance from elders in my foreign family who after knowing my Thai wife for years had written a last will when they passed away where it simply stay "share some of what is left with your better half":smile:

15 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Sorry I should have made it clear that its from my account abroad.

I don't know about your bank, but I bank with Citibank US. It supposed to take several days and there is a $35.  Fee for a transfer to an international bank. Needless to say, I always withdraw cash and deposit to my Thai bank account. 

6 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I don't know about your bank, but I bank with Citibank US. It supposed to take several days and there is a $35.  Fee for a transfer to an international bank. Needless to say, I always withdraw cash and deposit to my Thai bank account. 

I usually transfer my pension down here monthly and then I pay only about US 7,-  to my home country bank but the receiving Thai bank I use here top up that with a charge between Thb 500 -1000,- so I don't know how it will be when its a greater amount than a monthly pension. 

5 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

I usually transfer my pension down here monthly and then I pay only about US 7,-  to my home country bank but the receiving Thai bank I use here top up that with a charge between Thb 500 -1000,- so I don't know how it will be when its a greater amount than a monthly pension. 

I am rather confused, your explanations don't make sense to me. If you are in Thailand does your parent bank have a branch or affiliate here? If so, make a withdrawal, then deposit into Thai account. If that doesn't work then maybe open a new account in a bank with a branch or thai affiliate. I also read in another topic that some thai banks will allow withdrawals on a credit/debit csrd with no fees at a cashier

12 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I am rather confused, your explanations don't make sense to me. If you are in Thailand does your parent bank have a branch or affiliate here? If so, make a withdrawal, then deposit into Thai account. If that doesn't work then maybe open a new account in a bank with a branch or thai affiliate. I also read in another topic that some thai banks will allow withdrawals on a credit/debit csrd with no fees at a cashier

Okay never mind.