Norwegian man says Thai wife and policeman lover framed him and got him deported

Jonathan Fairfield

14 hours ago, rkidlad said:

but at the end of the day, your reputation precedes you. This is a universal truth (that does happen everywhere in the world). 

Viking lore;

the cows will die

you will die

i will die

all that remains

is fair fame

Edited by farcanell

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Moral of the story: Never buy land in Thailand (you don’t own it), never get married (girlfriend only) keep the bulk of your assets hidden in a safe country, and don’t show off money or assets (keep a low or no profile).

so why bother coming here at all?

7 minutes ago, crazygreg44 said:

regarding post number 11, your way to handle things is breach of rule #2  which says:

Rule #2:

Never be worth more dead than alive.

an Usufruct makes you being dead worth more than being alive . . . so when in usufruct always look over your shoulders as killers are dirt cheap:smile:

So true especially when its been hocked & lost

But the crazy thing is they will still ask a crazy price in trying to sell such a property with a Usufrut on it 

So how to remove a Usufrut - Rule # 2 or she going for Divorce of Abondenment (you may not even know )

Well, what do you expect, if you marry an illiterate Thai bar girl and then use her name to illegally buy land, not to mention flashing cash around by buying a Benz etc?

I think the key to this story is, "He claims that his Thai wife - in collusion with a policeman who is her new love interest - framed him by planting a gun at his house."  Quite likely the cop was already her love interest before he met her.  

He needs to accept that he donated all those assets to a trashy hooker, forget about Thailand and move on with his life. Thai bar girls, despite their lack of education, can be as skillful actresses as the 17th century Parisian courtisans who juggled a multitude of paying lovers, even having children with their marks to add to the pretence of being a loving wife, while waiting for the chance to run off their real lovers.  If it's any consolation to him the cop will almost certainly relieve her of all the assets and run off with someone much younger and prettier than the older beer bar girls that marry with this type of farang.

Sadly the Norwegian will also have to forget about his son, who is the innocent victim in all this.  But we are not sure how innocent the Norwegian is.  He doesn't sound very convincing in the interview.       

there are lots of old ugly farangs coming to Thailand in the hope of finding a good looking girl because in their own country most decent -looking girls would not give them a second look. The girls that they do find in Thailand marry them only for their money and they just can't get that into their stupid heads.

11 hours ago, Happy enough said:

why never get married? i've been happily married for nearly 20 years thanks. but cheers for the advice anyway

Marriage is fine if not done stupidly.  It is the other rules that are important and frequently ignored.  She loves me and says I am sexy.   Take off all your clothes and stand in front of a mirror.  That is what she goes to bed with every night.  My wife is much younger than me but I am sure she loves me and we did not meet in a bar, massage parlour or online.  But 80% plus of my money is still safely back home.  See  NCC1701A 's post earlier.

Edited by The Deerhunter

6 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

So true especially when its been hocked & lost

But the crazy thing is they will still ask a crazy price in trying to sell such a property with a Usufrut on it 

So how to remove a Usufrut - Rule # 2 or she going for Divorce of Abondenment (you may not even know )

I think it would not be too difficult to have the usufruct cancelled.  I had one cancelled voluntarily and it was not an onerous procedure.  The wife would just need a power of attorney with hubby's signature forged on it and a copy of his passport with same forged signature.  Then the usufructee doesn't even have to show up at the Land Office in person.  The Irish guy in Phuket with the pretty daughter had all this kind of stuff done to him in Phuket to sell land held through a company, which should be more difficult to do than just rescind a simple usufruct that most Land Offices don't like in the names of farangs they know to have illegally bought the land anyway. 

Land Offices often take bribes quite openly not to scrutinise documents closely.  I once transferred land owned by my company and it was found that the Thai director had used her English signature for some reason on the transfer documents but had used her Thai signature on the purchase documents.  The land officer just requested a modest tip  to overlook the fact that the signatures were completely different.  I would have got the director to sign again to avoid this nonsense, as I was not in a hurry,  but she was seriously ill at the time and I didn't want to trouble her again.              

from a poster: "Rule #1: Never bring anything into Thailand you are not prepared to lose."

Boomer wonders, 'does that include my virginity?  ....my youthful devil-may-care attitude?'

As for securing land:  Even with non-title property (which is everywhere up here in Chiang Rai), a farang is rather safe purchasing it.  Some posters will swear a farang can never sell non-title property, but I did it, and septupled my investment in 6 years.

As for the Norwegian:  sorry it happened the way it did.  Maybe you can steal the kid away.  That happened to a Chinese-Thai woman friend of mine.  She was married to an American in Mae Sai.  When their boy was 3, the dad took him (with no prior mention to the mom), and never even communicated with the mom, after they got to Arizona.   She hasn't heard from, or seen the boy in 23 years.

4 minutes ago, gamini said:

there are lots of old ugly farangs coming to Thailand in the hope of finding a good looking girl because in their own country most decent -looking girls would not give them a second look. The girls that they do find in Thailand marry them only for their money and they just can't get that into their stupid heads.

I suppose it is a fair exchange because most of the girls they get are a lot younger than them but not at all good looking.  They are also usually unmarketable domestically, as they are often second hand wives with Thai children, so ineligible for marriage to a Thai man, even if they were willing to take the risk of marrying another Thai waster.  

Only a complete and utter fool would invest any money in Thailand. I wouldnt take land if you gave it to me for free and I certainly wouldn't purchase a house with land and put in my wife' name. 

Some people really are stupid. They step of that plane and suddenly they are God's gift.

There's no fool like an old fool.

Edited by britishrepublican

1 hour ago, torrzent said:

Never wear a coyote outfit when crossing the road

"Beep beep."     "

39 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

His first mistake was to pay the Police to make the charge relating to the gun go away.If it was not his why pay anyone.

Second mistake was not to get a 30 lease or equivalent on the land . Third mistake was that he trusted his wife 100% .

Sad but true .

Wife probably insisted on the first mistake before he twigged.

8 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

from a poster: "Rule #1: Never bring anything into Thailand you are not prepared to lose."

Boomer wonders, 'does that include my virginity?  ....my youthful devil-may-care attitude?'

As for securing land:  Even with non-title property (which is everywhere up here in Chiang Rai), a farang is rather safe purchasing it.  Some posters will swear a farang can never sell non-title property, but I did it, and septupled my investment in 6 years.

As for the Norwegian:  sorry it happened the way it did.  Maybe you can steal the kid away.  That happened to a Chinese-Thai woman friend of mine.  She was married to an American in Mae Sai.  When their boy was 3, the dad took him (with no prior mention to the mom), and never even communicated with the mom, after they got to Arizona.   She hasn't heard from, or seen the boy in 23 years.

I would not agree that a farang or even a Thai is safe buying non-title property but you have been lucky.  I have bought some non-title property attached to some land with a chanote which is the only way to get to the non-title land.  But the price I paid for the titled land alone was reasonable, so I looked at the non-title land as a bonus.  I let the missus have the non-title land as I want her to have an incentive to pursue the long process of getting it titled and she can keep it, if she is successful.  The rest of the land I put in my own name alone - one of the benefits of having Thai citizenship, which incidentally I can highly recommend for those eligible.      

Edited by Dogmatix

4 minutes ago, gamini said:

There are also old 'wearing well' farangs coming to Thailand who will forever remain far from ugly (such as myself) with a ready smile, an easy going nature, who have come to a stage where being an interested passenger, offering direction on occasion in the ride of life, is preferable to driving the bus every day.......:smile:......old? well yes one day I will feel old I guess....in fact on a bad day even now I sometimes feel about 40!!

My gf is not an angel and she is just like some others, but she tells me that: don't buy any property, keep your money where it is and live here in my house. 

I guess she knows better. 

Edited by Foozool

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

Usufruct on the land registered at the land office could have prevented this.

If I ever buy any land this is how I will do it. I'm not married though and I believe this might make a difference.

Nothing could have prevented this, even with a usufruct she had him banned from Thailand as a threat to Thai society so he can't even get back into the country even to buy a condo or rent somewhere else.

6 minutes ago, Foozool said:

My gf is not an angel and she is just like some others, but she tells me that: don't buy any property, keep your money where it is and live here in my house. 

I guess she knows better. 

My wife bought land - apart from the recent increase in value highlighted by the sale of plots nearby, the land means our children have a place to build a home in the future. In my opinion thoughtful and sound judgement.

14 hours ago, moe666 said:

38 Rai of land which he never owned

There is plenty of ways he could have protected his land investment, like through a "Usufruct". The beauty of having full use of the land, as unlike a car, the land can't be moved. With a "Usufruct" attached to the land title, it cannot be sold either, or leasted out, and to get a mortgage with that attached in near impossible.  

Under his present circumstances, and if what he says is totally true, he would still have a hard road to walk and uphill all the way. Which all may end in a Dead End Street. I hate to see this happen to anyone, but it does happen all over the world. I think we all have a brother, uncle, or cousin, back home, who we know happened to them this way also. 

2 minutes ago, 473geo said:

My wife bought land - apart from the recent increase in value highlighted by the sale of plots nearby, the land means our children have a place to build a home in the future. In my opinion thoughtful and sound judgement.

I agree

As long as it it is not all or the most part of your nest egg.  S#/t happens.

14 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Rule #1:

Never bring anything into Thailand you are not prepared to lose.

Rule #2:

Never be worth more dead than alive.

Rule #3: (the most important)

Look all four directions before crossing a one way street. :cheesy:

Regarding Rule #3, I'm buying a 360 degree camera today!:clap2:

5 minutes ago, 473geo said:

And I am sure that the Norwegian guy's son will inherit the land and home and cars his dad bought, but the Norwegian guy won't be using them or even enjoy the warm climate of Thailand as he got banned.

15 hours ago, coulson said:

Hope she doesn't still get her Norwegian spouse pension.

How many times do we hear foreigners getting stuffed by their Thai spouses? Always keep your assets away from Thai eyes.

Under Norwegian law she does, if she can prove she was married to him.

Edited by the guest

SUCKER!

Live and learn you old fart.... Warnings about younger thai ladies scamming older falangs are almost on every internet site regarding young thai girls and old men relationships.  You did not heed these warnings so "Welcome to the Land Of Scams". You deserve what you received from this witch.

Why would any person marry another person 20 or more years their senior.  Would you marry a lady 20 years or more older than you?

1 minute ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

There is plenty of ways he could have protected his land investment, like through a "Usufruct". The beauty of having full use of the land, as unlike a car, the land can't be moved. With a "Usufruct" attached to the land title, it cannot be sold either, or leasted out, and to get a mortgage with that attached in near impossible.  

Under his present circumstances, and if what he says is totally true, he would still have a hard road to walk and uphill all the way. Which all may end in a Dead End Street. I hate to see this happen to anyone, but it does happen all over the world. I think we all have a brother, uncle, or cousin, back home, who we know happened to them this way also. 

Re the first part of your reply.  Unfortunately anything impossible becomes possible here when dealing with public servants and the right size bribe.  How else did all of this National Park land end up illegally in private hands?

4 minutes ago, gadget monger said:

SUCKER!

Live and learn you old fart.... Warnings about younger thai ladies scamming older falangs are almost on every internet site regarding young thai girls and old men relationships.  You did not heed these warnings so "Welcome to the Land Of Scams". You deserve what you received from this witch.

Why would any person marry another person 20 or more years their senior.  Would you marry a lady 20 years or more older than you?

Many do if she is rich enough.  Happens all the time.  Even here. Particularly here.  Older "used" women who have assets have to do it all the time or grow old alone. It''s happening right now in my family.  I have tried to warn her but nothing has changed.  He is younger, almost no money of his own and not even Thai.  But he is Asian!!

Edited by The Deerhunter

1 minute ago, The Deerhunter said:

Many do if she is rich enough.  Happens all the time.  Even here.

A Thai guy I knew (28), enjoyed a lavish wedding to a wealthy Thai lady (50)

Didn't last 6 months...apparently she was too demanding on the sexual side :smile: