More processed wood found in Kanchanaburi temple

rooster59

More processed wood found in Kanchanaburi temple

wood.jpg

More processed wood have been uncovered on the compound of Wat Mettathampothiyarn in Kanchanaburi province as officials continued their search of the temple for the second day on Saturday.

Over 50 park officials, police and military personnel searched an unlit building on the temple ground and found thousands of wood planks hidden in dark corners of the building.

A container was found in front of the building, but it could not be opened because it was blocked by a huge log. A peep through a gap in the door revealed processed wood hidden inside so officials sealed the container with adhesive tape to prevent unauthorized people from opening it.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/processed-wood-found-kanchanaburi-temple/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-10

If I understand this correctly, the Temples were allowed unique opportunity to exist on National Park land with the sole requirement and goal that they protect the land and trees from logging activities.

Instead the Temple and its inhabitants appear to have been leaders in the illegal logging and have been successfully hiding their criminal practices within the very walls of the Temple compound. This could not occur without every single monk being complicit.

Oh how I wish I were the Prosecutor in cases like this. Ofcourse, my efforts would not amount to much if the Court itself is corrupt.

One can only hope there is such a thing as karmic retribution in the next life.

Yet again more illegal goings on at a temple.

Monks think they are above the law, can do whatever they want at the temples, because they think nobody will check what we are up to.

So we conned people into letting us  site our temple on forest land, with the pretext of protecting the forest, when our only aim was raping the forest.

It is incidents like these that remind us all that religion is a business enterprise and the fact there will be no jail time is a reminder of just how much power & influence religions have in our society.

It also provides a glimpse of how things were in olden times as the connections between religion and criminal enterprise have been connected throughout history.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

So we conned people into letting us  site our temple on forest land, with the pretext of protecting the forest, when our only aim was raping the forest.

Don't forget the raping of young girls and boys, illegal drugs, booze & embezzlement of temple funds given not only by the government but also those in the local community who are so piss poor that they have lost the pot to piss in.

I love this country most of the time but unfortunately there is a dark underbelly that sometimes ruins the pleasantness that is Thailand. 

Oh, and congrats on your nomination for POTY :smile:

If you haven't seen this temple, you really should. It's a massive all wood Chinese style temple made out of huge teak logs with equally enormous wooden statues and idols. It must have cost millions and millions to build.

They had dozens of wood carvers from china working on countless life size wooden statues etc. I'd be curious to know who is behind it.