Sunisa to meet police over sedition charges

webfact

Sunisa to meet police over sedition charges

By The Nation

1e2776fa665cc4dae7a5e929f4f5a3b3.jpeg

Lieutenant Sunisa Divakorndamrong

A former leading official with the Pheu Thai Party will on Wednesday acknowledge charges filed against her by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) following her criticism of the NCPO leader, PM Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha.

Lieutenant Sunisa Divakorndamrong, party’s one-time deputy spokesperson, said on Sunday that she would go to the Police Technology Crime Suppression Division with her lawyer and some foreign diplomatic observers.

The NCPO last week filed six charges against Sunisa for allegedly committing sedition and violating the Computer Crime bill by uploading false information to her Facebook page.

Sunisa had criticised many of Prayut’s actions. This included his handling of the suspicious death of a cadet and also the different way he treated Artiwara “Toon” Kongmalai when compared with Southern people who questioned the junta government’s policy.

NCPO spokesperson Maj Gen Piyapong Klinpan said the charges had been paid fairly to all sides. “We filed them through the normal legal procedure and didn’t abuse anyone,” he said.

“The NCPO never obstructs any expression of opinions but the speakers have to be responsible for their actions. If they break laws, actions need to be taken.”

Sunisa has been keen an outspoken critic of Prayut and many of her comments are seen as being full of emotion and sarcasm.

“My criticism is pure in its intention and I follow my constitutional rights,” Sunisa said “I don’t aim to attack or smear the government but Gen Prayut, as a public figure, can be subject to criticism in the best interests of the people.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30333659

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-11

5 hours ago, JoePai said:

Lieutenant Sunisa Divakorndamrong

She is in the Army  :shock1:

The rank of Lieutenant exists in RTA,RTN, RTAF and RTP.

But.......she may be ex.

But a junior officer anyway (and probably still has friends in the "business").

When push comes to shove they tend to go either way.

Edited by Enoon

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

surprised this govt doesn't just seize the red's membership list and trump up charges on every single one

Just for a bit of balance take a look at her past history and affiliations and the fact that she went to England  AWOL /no approval from her military superiors to interview a convicted criminal.

17 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Just for a bit of balance take a look at her past history and affiliations and the fact that she went to England  AWOL /no approval from her military superiors to interview a convicted criminal.

Nothing seditious about that unless you are a paranoid megalomaniac and not related to the 'charges' anyway, so no balance there at all.

35 minutes ago, baboon said:

Nothing seditious about that unless you are a paranoid megalomaniac and not related to the 'charges' anyway, so no balance there at all.

Then there's her book series....

Edited by Morch

9 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Taking some foreign diplomatic observers. Like it. 

That will impress the old man for sure. 

Wonder who? Is he wants the public to see credibility in the observers she should reveal who they are?

Edited by scorecard

2 hours ago, baboon said:

I didn't mention anything about sedition. Your attempt at diversion failed.

Perhaps you believe military officers going AWOL is quite OK?

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Military officers going AWOL and interviewing Thaksin are nothing to do with this thread. Being charged with sedition is, if you would care to reread its title. No diversions from me, my old china...

19 minutes ago, scorecard said:

This is about a young lady that has to face sedition charges brought by a military junta that try people in military tribunals where they have no representation and no rights of appeal. But I guess that's OK with you.

And I think that there's nothing wrong in going AWOL seeing as the military in Thailand is the armed branch of one political faction instead of an institution dedicated to protecting the country from external enemies.

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Military officers going AWOL and interviewing Thaksin are nothing to do with this thread. Being charged with sedition is, if you would care to reread its title. No diversions from me, my old china...

Well when the person who is being charged with sedition and slagging off the current big cheese happens to have been a military officer who went AWOL to interview a former big cheese then there is some relevance. Her character and previous behavior are relevant as to why she might act as she does. Seems to be a Thaksin groupie. Former spokes person for PTP - seems she still is.

Remember when she claimed she was assaulted by anti Shin protesters in Cental World or some such's car park?

Anyway, will be interesting to see who the "foreign diplomatic observers" will be if nowt else.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Well when the person who is being charged with sedition and slagging off the current big cheese happens to have been a military officer who went AWOL to interview a former big cheese then there is some relevance. Her character and previous behavior are relevant as to why she might act as she does. Seems to be a Thaksin groupie. Former spokes person for PTP - seems she still is.

Remember when she claimed she was assaulted by anti Shin protesters in Cental World or some such's car park?

Anyway, will be interesting to see who the "foreign diplomatic observers" will be if nowt else.

I am honestly trying not to be obtuse here, but I fail to see the relevance of what she did 10 years ago or whenever it was, to have any relevance to the unrelated charges of sedition against Prayuth's junta in late 2017. Does she own a Tardis? Note there is no statement as to what the charges actually are. Why is that?

Mate, you know as well as I do that many things are starting to smell pretty foul in the depths of juntaland. It is perfectly reasonable to never want a Shinawatra stranglehold on Thailand, but look, just look at what the country has in their wake. 'You' can't even say 'once the election is held in November 2018' with any degree of confidence, can you? Is it so difficult to at least hold these factions in at least equal contempt?