Women accusing Trump of sexual misconduct seek congressional probe

webfact

Women accusing Trump of sexual misconduct seek congressional probe

By Renita D. Young

2017-12-11T201848Z_1_LYNXMPEDBA1H4_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP-WOMEN.JPG

(L-R) Rachel Crooks, a former receptionist in Trump Tower in 2005, Jessica Leeds and Samantha Holvey, a former Miss North Carolina, exit a news conference for the film "16 Women and Donald Trump" which focuses on women who have publicly accused President Trump of sexual misconduct, in Manhattan, New York, U.S., December 11, 2017. REUTERS/Andrew Kelly

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Three women who have accused U.S. President Donald Trump of sexual misconduct called on Monday for a congressional investigation into his behaviour amid a wave of similar accusations against prominent men in Hollywood, the media and politics.

Over the past two years, more than a dozen women have accused Trump of making unwanted sexual advances against them years before he entered politics.

Three of his accusers, Jessica Leeds, Rachel Crooks, and Samantha Holvey said at a news conference on Monday that the accusations warranted new consideration given the broader discussion of sexual harassment in U.S. society.

Brave New Films, a nonprofit filmmaker, produced a video featuring 16 of Trump's accusers and organised the news conference in New York on Monday. In the film, women accused Trump of kissing them without permission, grabbing their private parts, putting his hand up their skirts, or making other unwanted advances.

Congress should "put aside their party affiliations and investigate Mr. Trump's history of sexual misconduct," said Crooks, a former receptionist for a real estate firm, who was flanked by Leeds and Holvey.

The women said they do not think Trump will resign over the allegations but that he should be held accountable.

Trump and White House officials have denied the allegations, some of which date back to the 1980s.

"These false claims, totally disputed in most cases by eyewitness accounts, were addressed at length during last year’s campaign, and the American people voiced their judgement by delivering a decisive victory," a White House spokesperson said in a statement on Monday, questioning the women's timing and political motives. 

Trump, a Republican, faces legal action in one related case.

Democratic Senator Kirsten Gillibrand told CNN that Trump should resign over the accusations.

“These allegations are credible," Gillibrand said in an interview on Monday with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour. "They are numerous. I’ve heard these women’s testimony, and many of them are heartbreaking.”

Gillibrand recently said former President Bill Clinton, a fellow Democrat, should have stepped down during the 1990s scandal that led the House of Representatives to vote to impeach him. On Monday, she said that if Trump does not immediately resign, Congress “should have appropriate investigations of his behaviour and hold him accountable.”

A number of powerful and high-profile men have been accused in recent months of sexual misconduct, including three members of Congress, Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein and former NBC news anchor Matt Lauer.

Reuters has not independently verified the accusations against Trump, Weinstein, Lauer or the three congressmen.

Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and one of the most high-profile women in Trump's administration, said on Sunday that any woman who has felt mistreated by a man has the right to speak up, even if she is accusing the president.

Democrat Chris Coons, a member of the Senate Judiciary panel, said it was unlikely that the Republican-controlled Congress would act on the accusations, which were known before the November 2016 presidential election.

"My hunch is it gets reviewed at the next election," Coons told CNN.

Sexual harassment accusations have also been made against Republican candidate Roy Moore who is running in a U.S. Senate race this week in Alabama. Trump has backed Moore, a former judge, even as congressional Republicans denounced the candidate and called on him to pull out of the race.

The accusations against Trump emerged during the 2016 presidential campaign when a videotape surfaced of a 2005 conversation caught on an open microphone in which Trump spoke in vulgar terms about trying to have sex with women.

Trump apologized for the remarks, but called them private "locker-room talk" and said he had not done the things he talked about.

(Additional reporting by Katanga Johnson, Makini Brice, Steve Holland and Susan Cornwell in Washington; Writing by Susan Heavey and Lisa Lambert; Editing by Kieran Murray)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-12-12

One of this sexual abuser's lies was that he's going to sue these women; calling them liars. He's so litigious, but must have forgotten this one. But then one woman is suing the Liar in Chief for slander.

An investigation would be welcomed, but this Republican congress is not honest and has not seemed willing to put America above party. I think they should call themselves PPP i.e. Putin Pedophile Party.

Father daughter.jpg

52 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

They are either:

- Genuine. In which case why have they waited for so long? Why didn't the woman on the plane complain to crew, other passengers, ground staff, security, police at the airport? What did the beauty pageant contestant expect people to do - look in the other direction? She was putting herself up for inspection to win! 

- false. In which case are they being paid? Are they politically motivated believing they must get rid of Trump however the means? Mentally ill, with delusions or attention seeking disorder?

The problem is, with no evidence and after so long it's impossible for anyone to really tell. But some almost certainly will be jumping on the bandwagon for a few minutes of "fame". And if Trump, or anyone else accused, has assaulted victims then the real victims maybe put off coming forward because of the loud ones.

A bugger's muddle. Made more so in the PC world we now live in.

The above missive, spoken like a true Trump shielder. 

Let me ask Baerboxer:  When you were young, did you ever have anything traumatic happen to you (sexual exploitation or otherwise embarrassing) - that you did not tell anyone, until you were older?  

It's human to have such things happen.  There are a zillion reasons why people don't speak up at the time (something bad happens), but instead speak up later.

People who toss the excuses (shielding Trump) articulated in the quoted missive above, are clearly shielding - and not being honest or realistic.  Humans don't act like programmed robots, they act like humans.  

BTW, the women are not looking for fame.  Do you think the woman who suffered Trump's hand darting up her skirt to land his fingers in/on her pussy, .....is fame-seeking, telling that story?  Or the woman who was groped by Trump while sitting next to him on the airplane .....do you think those women are somehow seeking money or fame by telling such sordid stories?!?   The simple answer is NO !

quote from Baerboxer:  

"The problem is, with no evidence and after so long it's impossible for anyone to really tell."

BS.  There are two people who know for absolute certain whether it happened.  The victim and Trump.   How can you say '....it's impossible for anyone to really tell.'   ???  

I and a large majority of Americans can tell what's true in that scenario.  For decades, Trump has been sexually assaulting women.  

Trump does not risk anything,  Trump's voters don't take this kind of issue into account - as well as " women for Trump"  probably appreciate the so called " alpha male" deviant attitude.

Edited by Opl

I call BS on these women, they just want their day in the sun and possible payment to sell their story. If any of them were really assaulted they could of went after him years ago when it happened and the evidence was fresh.  Can any guy  here say he has never copped a feel during a party or said inappropriate things to a woman. It may not be right but it is common in almost every culture especially years ago. As a race we are evolving and what we see as right and wrong will evolve with us. Trump is flawed however so are most men why condemn him for just being a guy he wasn't a politician then.

2 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

I call BS on these women, they just want their day in the sun and possible payment to sell their story. If any of them were really assaulted they could of went after him years ago when it happened and the evidence was fresh.  Can any guy  here say he has never copped a feel during a party or said inappropriate things to a woman. It may not be right but it is common in almost every culture especially years ago. As a race we are evolving and what we see as right and wrong will evolve with us. Trump is flawed however so are most men why condemn him for just being a guy he wasn't a politician then.

So you know exactly what happened in each of these cases.   You were there and saw the events unfold?  If that's not true, then I call BS on your post.  Unless you were there in person, nobody knows exactly what happened.

What we do know, is Trump admitted he could do what he wanted with women.  He's scum. At least 15 women have come forward.  Watch this and weep.

5 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

The man-child was just being a guy?? Does being a guy to you involve grabbing the pussies of women without asking permission? Because it doesn't to me. In my years on this planet I have never grabbed a woman's private parts without that being part of a consensual sexual relationship. And during the hours and hours I have participated in "locker room banter" I can not recall anyone ever bragging about doing so.

Guys who do this are slimeballs and unfortunately one of the biggest of them all has been elected to the WH where he continues to make a mockery of that institution. Unfortunately I don't see how even this will lead to his political downfall so I am pinning my hope to a massive heart attack based on the fact that his diet mainly consists of fast food and sodas. 

During a recent anniversary I received a particularly good bottle of whiskey. That bottle will be opened if the man-child drops dead.

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

So you know exactly what happened in each of these cases.   You were there and saw the events unfold?  If that's not true, then I call BS on your post.  Unless you were there in person, nobody knows exactly what happened.

What we do know, is Trump admitted he could do what he wanted with women.  He's scum. At least 15 women have come forward.  Watch this and weep.

I agree "Unless you were there in person, nobody knows exactly what happened."  yet people are condemning him  for talking shit. All real guys talk shit that is fact it doesn't mean they actually did the shit they said. 

31 minutes ago, Sakeopete said:

I agree "Unless you were there in person, nobody knows exactly what happened."  yet people are condemning him  for talking shit. All real guys talk shit that is fact it doesn't mean they actually did the shit they said. 

All real guys aren't POTUS.  That position is held to a higher standard.  Until now.

7 hours ago, Becker said:

The man-child was just being a guy?? Does being a guy to you involve grabbing the pussies of women without asking permission? Because it doesn't to me. In my years on this planet I have never grabbed a woman's private parts without that being part of a consensual sexual relationship. And during the hours and hours I have participated in "locker room banter" I can not recall anyone ever bragging about doing so.

Guys who do this are slimeballs and unfortunately one of the biggest of them all has been elected to the WH where he continues to make a mockery of that institution. Unfortunately I don't see how even this will lead to his political downfall so I am pinning my hope to a massive heart attack based on the fact that his diet mainly consists of fast food and sodas. 

During a recent anniversary I received a particularly good bottle of whiskey. That bottle will be opened if the man-child drops dead.

Oh how I agree, but don't remember any "locker room banter" when I was a teen.  What I TOTALLY agree with is a celebration will be in order..... maybe a parade? when this scumbag dies. I doubt if many will mourn him. And most of the world will have a sigh of relief. 

On 12/13/2017 at 10:57 AM, craigt3365 said:

All real guys aren't POTUS.  That position is held to a higher standard.  Until now.

I guess Bill Clinton and the Lewinsky scandal (funny how Hillary didn't toss his ass out), Reagan and the Iran Contra affair,  Nixon and Watergate, Harding's Teapot Dome etc Oh wait those POTUS were in office when they showed their "Higher Standards" .

Yes Trump is worse he was bad over a decade before becoming POTUS. 

On 12/13/2017 at 4:58 PM, selftaopath said:

Oh how I agree, but don't remember any "locker room banter" when I was a teen.  What I TOTALLY agree with is a celebration will be in order..... maybe a parade? when this scumbag dies. I doubt if many will mourn him. And most of the world will have a sigh of relief. 

Maybe you had no friends as a teen. Trump may make silly tweets and he is not the most polished turd of a politician but he is trying to keep the campaign promises he made to the people who voted for him that is democracy.

He hasn't started any wars and since his policies haven't come into effect yet no one can judge the out come.

He has a lot of people who respect him and love him. We all hear negative news bashing him daily because that sells papers and TV ratings. The losers always complain the loudest.

10 minutes ago, Sakeopete said:

I guess Bill Clinton and the Lewinsky scandal (funny how Hillary didn't toss his ass out), Reagan and the Iran Contra affair,  Nixon and Watergate, Harding's Teapot Dome etc Oh wait those POTUS were in office when they showed their "Higher Standards" .

Yes Trump is worse he was bad over a decade before becoming POTUS. 

Off topic.  But yes. Trump's standard is well below all other presidents.

1 minute ago, Sakeopete said:

Maybe you had no friends as a teen. Trump may make silly tweets and he is not the most polished turd of a politician but he is trying to keep the campaign promises he made to the people who voted for him that is democracy.

He hasn't started any wars and since his policies haven't come into effect yet no one can judge the out come.

He has a lot of people who respect him and love him. We all hear negative news bashing him daily because that sells papers and TV ratings. The losers always complain the loudest.

Keeping campaign promises? Hardly. How about

Lock her up! Lock her up!

LOL

3 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Off topic.  But yes. Trump's standard is well below all other presidents.

I was being sarcastic but really you are saying that even though Bill Clinton is getting blow jobs in the White House from Monica Trumps standard is lower! 

On 12/13/2017 at 3:27 AM, Sakeopete said:

There are different levels of sexual predation.  It's one thing for a guy to put his hand on a woman's clothed rump for 3 seconds while a photo is being taken in front.  It's another thing to force himself on a woman, stick his tongue in her mouth, and/or stick his finger in her vagina. 

All the things mentioned in the sentences above (and which were forced, not agreed-upon) are attributed to Trump.  And that doesn't mention the allegations of raping a 14 year old twice in a NYC apartment of a convicted pedophile and Trump buddy.

If a guy wants to play the politician game in Wash D.C., he knows the parameters.  Same same, a professional sportsman should know the rules of his game, and suffer the consequences if he breaks the rules.

2 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

There are different levels of sexual predation.  It's one thing for a guy to put his hand on a woman's clothed rump for 3 seconds while a photo is being taken in front.  It's another thing to force himself on a woman, stick his tongue in her mouth, and/or stick his finger in her vagina. 

All the things mentioned in the sentences above (and which were forced, not agreed-upon) are attributed to Trump.  And that doesn't mention the allegations of raping a 14 year old twice in a NYC apartment of a convicted pedophile and Trump buddy.

If a guy wants to play the politician game in Wash D.C., he knows the parameters.  Same same, a professional sportsman should know the rules of his game, and suffer the consequences if he breaks the rules.

If there was any credible evidence there should have been an investigation that would have prevented him from running for office. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

9 hours ago, Coconutman said:

7 articles on the usa.. not one positive article.

Wow

Good news doesn't sell papers.  I learned that a long time ago working for a major media outlet.  Sadly.

Take a look at the front page of the Thai daily newspapers.  Crazy stuff.

On 12/13/2017 at 9:19 AM, Becker said:

I thought a/b our wish of Trump's "end" and laughed like hell when the Liberal Redneck suggested how it might occur. Thought you might get a chuckle out of it.