Neighbour build a wall or fence. How close to your plot?

55 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Naam, No you are wrong. Once a fence is built on a common boundary it is considered a "shared" wall

regardless of who paid for it & needs approval from neighbour for future modifications

That's IF you build ON the common boundry ! I just built a wall on my property and the neighbor who lives next door called my wife and told us to stop so he could inspect....I called bullshit as I am building it on my property....and that was that. So the neighbor came down and saw I was building it on my property and Left!

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

Naam, No you are wrong. Once a fence is built on a common boundary it is considered a "shared" wall

regardless of who paid for it & needs approval from neighbour for future modifications

Natway09 you are presenting Thai fairy tales.

This thread is of interest to me.

I built a "storage building" 2m from a boundary line.

After Mum and Grandma (where we are now 50m away) had one too many barneys it soon became "Mum's chalet" and she loves it.

But no bathroom.Although I am building a larger house attached I had thought of putting a narrow shower room/toilet between the chalet and the boundary with an outside door so gardener or partygoers could use. 

I was a wee bit concerned about this being too close to the neighbour but if info here is right about 50cm, or 0cm, then i can certainly build something 1.5m wide and as long as I like say 3m. Not commodious but enough for Mum sure. The window can go in the end or even in the roof like grandma's.

My wife told me if you are building a house wall with windows it needs to be set back by min 2 metres.
Something I'm looking into now, as I want to buy some land in ekkamai but the plot is narrow. One solution is to create a lightwell balcony on one side, with windows around it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Will E Vormer said:

My wife told me if you are building a house wall with windows it needs to be set back by min 2 metres.

Your wife if probably correct but I would check with the local Tessaban, who know what the rules are in your area, like Immigration, every place is different

I don't really understand all this concern of the location of a boundary wall, that is exactly what it is, a boundary, and there is nothing to prevent you from building a wall exactly on the boundary

I live in a moobahn that has a perimeter wall that is built on the boundary, the moobahn is responsible for painting the interior of the wall and the outward facing wall in unpainted.  Within the moobahn each house has a wall between houses, on the property line, and each individual house is responsible for painting their side of the wall.  The wall along the street, is the same, along the plot boundary, moobahn responsible for painting exterior, residence responsible for painting interior

Since I purchased my lot before others had built, when the owner built the wall between my lot and the next one, I paid to have it surveyed by the land office, and they verified that all four walls on my property were on the boundary line  

I just discovered that wife is building a wall on the boundary 2metres from Mum's chalet I recently built. I can hear them working as I speak and relax in bed reading as the wife's abroad :)

i was going to fit a small shower and wc to the house as narrow as possible. 

Now I can simply go 2m across and use tuhe wall as the bathroom wall, building between two existing  walls is pretty damn easy.

Archived