Neighbour build a wall or fence. How close to your plot?

12 hours ago, beachproperty said:

(but as a general rule most Thai's put in windows) and will build to the wall if they want.

They build to the wall and also add in windows?

So they can see the wall from really up close?

BUt agree, I believe its 50cm for a blind wall and 1m for a wall with windows.

Don't know about the height, don't believe there are limitations on that.

Depends on where you live. A farmer beside me can build or fence within 2 inches of my property. I cannot now access the side of my house unless I tresspass. Municipal office says  the builder of subdivision did not put in writing disrance between houses and farm land.     Only in Thailand...Some places one or two metres is polite, but not in Ban Bung.

20 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

Depends on where you live. A farmer beside me can build or fence within 2 inches of my property. I cannot now access the side of my house unless I tresspass. Municipal office says  the builder of subdivision did not put in writing disrance between houses and farm land.     Only in Thailand...Some places one or two metres is polite, but not in Ban Bung.

So.....your house wall is built on the property line!

there are rules .....but you can do nothing if they are not respected.

If you go to court it will take about 10 to 12 years ....and in the end the ruling will be in favor of the highest bidder .

Even if the neighbors house is 3 m away from the wall.....and they start a party house , you wil not sleep 1 minute anymore in your house . Nothing can be done , no police ,no army ....nothing you can do ........so it is very risky nowadays to invest in a house here .

Been there , done it and had to walk away and sell for a low price .......

Dont believe the bar-talk of experts .......... 

A wall on your boundary is exceptable as it becomes both your property once it's built. Does'nt matter who built it either, but if you don't want a wall, exercise your only rights here & don't pay for it. It may get built anyway, but it might make them think twice about building it & remember "This is Thailand" if your neighbour is Thai. Any disputes between neighbours will take years (6 years plus) to resolve in courts .... if at all! A complete waste of time & lots of money trying to exercise your rights here .......... even if a wall blocks your view because it's been built too high you are on a "hiding to nothing" & being good neighbours, if possible, is the only way to resolve matters & get things agreed. No use getting angry .... just bite the bullet & smile. Look around you & take notice of what people build here ......... there's no control or planning permission, it's a mess & boundaries in most places are just erected & then never maintained for years. If possible & you are not happy .... moving on is the only answer. That is why most people just rent here & move on if there are disputes etc...... you'll never be in a "win win" situation. It's the "mindset" here & their country irrespective of what you may think personally of their attitude towards others ...... they do what they want & any criticism will immediately provoke the loss of face syndrome, bringing unrest & anger, so tread carefully. Once you have locals moving into your area you will find that the monthly security, street lighting & communal gardening will gradually cease as they wont pay for the monthly upkeep, even if you think you have control by creating a housing committee on your complex ....... you don't!! ....... & within no time you'll have dogs running around as security .... fact. If you "stay put"  .......  try & turn it into a feature that may enhance your property ...... turn the problem around to your advantage if you can. BTW ..... it does wonders for your blood pressure ;-) ....... good luck.  

1 hour ago, Daveyh said:

A wall on your boundary is exceptable as it becomes both your property once it's built. Does'nt matter who built it either, but if you don't want a wall, exercise your only rights here & don't pay for it. It may get built anyway, but it might make them think twice about building it & remember "This is Thailand" if your neighbour is Thai. Any disputes between neighbours will take years (6 years plus) to resolve in courts .... if at all! A complete waste of time & lots of money trying to exercise your rights here .......... even if a wall blocks your view because it's been built too high you are on a "hiding to nothing" & being good neighbours, if possible, is the only way to resolve matters & get things agreed. No use getting angry .... just bite the bullet & smile. Look around you & take notice of what people build here ......... there's no control or planning permission, it's a mess & boundaries in most places are just erected & then never maintained for years. If possible & you are not happy .... moving on is the only answer. That is why most people just rent here & move on if there are disputes etc...... you'll never be in a "win win" situation. It's the "mindset" here & their country irrespective of what you may think personally of their attitude towards others ...... they do what they want & any criticism will immediately provoke the loss of face syndrome, bringing unrest & anger, so tread carefully. Once you have locals moving into your area you will find that the monthly security, street lighting & communal gardening will gradually cease as they wont pay for the monthly upkeep, even if you think you have control by creating a housing committee on your complex ....... you don't!! ....... & within no time you'll have dogs running around as security .... fact. If you "stay put"  .......  try & turn it into a feature that may enhance your property ...... turn the problem around to your advantage if you can. BTW ..... it does wonders for your blood pressure ;-) ....... good luck.  

Locals moving in to YOUR  area???? 

I get it you're a British expat. 

The law is very straightforward here.  You can do whatever the * you want if you pay.  x distance from the beach, (every building on Walking Street is illegal don't you know) x distance from the boundary, x height if x distance from the blah blah. All utterly pointless nonsense as the only way to enforce this is to go to the civil courts, good luck with that as you grow very old, and very poor, waiting for a result.

Archived