World is losing the battle against climate change, Macron says

webfact

10 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Mate seen the movie - Elysium,that's the future,look at the reports that come in everyday,it is now [climate change] on it's own course,unless we go back to the middle ages ,so no cars,electric,fridges,no planes ,ships with sails,no computers,no air con,no medical care,no nothing,yes maybe we can slow it down,do you want to live that way?

i do not and niether do most,the truth is the poor don't matter and the rich don't care,we are now at or almost at the pinnacle of Human existance,never have so many had it so good,but you can't take out more than you put in like your bank account,and we are way into the red.I am not saying we should not try,but the evidence says that whatever we do unless it is as i have outlined,the fact of the matter is no one in the world would ever agree to such terms,mate i don't know your age,i am 53,i may see some of this but once humanity reaches the peak,it's gonna be a long slide down the other side probably to extinction,the Earth don't care,it will go on,without the little parasites called Humans it shook off,and in 5,000 years there maybe some crumbling ruins left,but not much else,apart from the habitat in orbit that houses the rich 1%.

Slow down, mate. There is no requirement to stop using electricity. It can be generated in a hundred ways that cause zero CO2 once manufactured.

Hi speed trains can replace planes, public transport and bicycles can replace private cars in cities.

The real problem is that governments will not actually DO anything unpopular, so nothing will ever get done that makes a difference. Expect lots more talking and sod all action.

I then went to focus on Chinese cities being pollution-plagued.  The Singapore situation, mentioned in the article, focuses on Chinese residents there.  Taiwan is obviously Chinese people.  What's the problem?

*Sigh*

You contended on 2 occasions that the poor eyesight of Chinese children was down to urban pollution. In Taiwan and Singapore, where the urban environment is much cleaner, the ethnic Chinese juvenile population has even worse eyesight.

So your contention is 180 degrees wrong. The reason is the chosen lifestyle, not the pollution. And I'm not going to explain that again. Either you can grasp it or you can't.

So it seems that Canada is about the only country that is democratic, and its citizens are being forced by its provincial and federal governments to pay a carbon tax. Sometimes makes me want to head to America, or some other polluting country where there is no carbon tax penalty. I hope that when we get elections again, we can vote out our present Premier and Prime minister. There maybe climate change, but until  all the countries have a tax on carbon, then Canada should not be the only country with this cash grab.

Geezer