Satellite Receivers/decoders?

scooterboy

Hey y'all!

Seem to remember reading on the forum, something about satellite dishes (though

darned if I can find the comments again!) and it got me thinking a bit. Before I came to Thailand, I had a three dishes hung up on the house and 2 different brands of

receivers (the black box thing), with multiple card slots. hel_l, they got a whole bunch of stores selling all sorts of stuff - legal and probably otherwise. Don't see any stores selling satellite receiver equipment here, cept for Free-to-Air stuff, full of Chinese, Indian and other channels - most of which ain't got a clue what they're about, but great picture with the Thai channels much clearer than land-based channels. I did ask at one place, but the guy just shook his head and gave a 'nudge, nudge - wink, wink' look, together with a wry smile - could only guess what he meant by that!

Heard (3rd hand info) that some guy went to one of the border countries and came back with a receiver with slots (maybe) - but 3rd hand stories often tend to be exaggerated.

I'm just curious - any place to get a slot receiver, anywhere?

And how about cards for the slots?

Give some info - get some info : If you want to check on what channels are available on satellite in Asia, then try checking out http://www.satcodx.com/eng/ that update the worldwide channels, frequencies and whatnot quite regularly. (Choices 4 & 5 are the main pages for Asia).