Couple shot in hail of bullets at Prachuap coffee shop - but they are still alive

webfact

Couple shot in hail of bullets at Prachuap coffee shop - but they are still alive

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

An assistant to the Ao Noi Phu Yai Ban and his wife were shot at multiple times by a man who entered the coffee shop they run on a coastal road in Prachuap Khiri Khan's Muang district.

The shooter calmly entered the shop where owner Jaturong Jantharat, 45, was resting in a hammock. He was shot twice in the neck and under the chin.

Then the assailant - dressed in an orange shirt with track suit pants and face covered to conceal his identity - turned the gun on Jaturong's wife Kanha.

Witnesses said three shots were fired at her one hitting her in the left shoulder.

The shooter than ran away down the soi opposite.

Both victims were rushed to hospital.

Police found evidence that a .38 gun was used. There were three bullet holes in the walls.

The shooting is believed to stem from the fact that Jaturon, an assistant to the Phu Yai Baan in Ao Noi, informed on drug dealers in the area.

The shooting is believed to be in retaliation, reported Daily News.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-13

4 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

If the man was truly shot twice in the neck and once under the chin with a .38 calibre gun and survived it's miraculous!

And three shots fired at his wife and she was only hit once?  Gee.  I don't shoot a lot but in the Air Force I did get the marksmanship ribbon using the .38 which which was the little gun that was required at the time.   It was the standard revolver.  I have read that in Thailand there have been several people that used the clip type .38.  So sad to see things like "protection" rackets, good citizens getting reprised against by drug dealer scum.

On 13-12-2017 at 9:00 AM, webfact said:

The shooting is believed to stem from the fact that Jaturon, an assistant to the Phu Yai Baan in Ao Noi, informed on drug dealers in the area.

It wasn't the terrible coffee that upset someone ???

16 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

And three shots fired at his wife and she was only hit once?  Gee.  I don't shoot a lot but in the Air Force I did get the marksmanship ribbon using the .38 which which was the little gun that was required at the time.   It was the standard revolver.  I have read that in Thailand there have been several people that used the clip type .38.  So sad to see things like "protection" rackets, good citizens getting reprised against by drug dealer scum.

I'd make a bet that the biggest % of revolvers etc used by 'shooters' over here are so worn that 'barn door at 5 paces' comes into it, plus they most likely are sh-----ng themselves with fright they are shaking like a leaf. They sure aren't the cool collected shooters they see in the movies and think they are. The fact they actually hit anything is the surprising fact.

Hope the couple make a full recovery.

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Yes lots of these guns likely have been used in the US and Europe etc, so likely

not too accurate any more. Glad this couple survived and hope the shooter is

caught and shot, or sent to jail. Drug scum no doubt.

Geezer

A few years ago a friends Thai wife showed me the Sig she had at home and the barrel had a visible split about half an inch long at the end.

???.

I was with my ex brother in law a few years ago, a Thai police officer.  Out near his country home, he took me to a place where he wanted to shoot his revolver.  He fired two rounds at a fence post.  Both missed.   

I made up a 1 inch diameter target on a 6 x 12 inch board and set it up 15 feet away.  He fired a round at it and missed the board. I figured the sights on his revolver were off. I asked to shoot at the target and he gave me the revolver.  I missed the one inch diameter target 1 inch. 

He just didn't know how to shoot very well. 

Judging from the targets I have seen at a couple of shooting ranges, one a police shooting range.  Not many people know how to shoot well enough to hit what they are shooting at. 

That is about the extent of the shooting I have seen in Thailand, so, it sounds like, to me, the shooter subject isn't that bad a shot. 

1 hour ago, radiochaser said:

Judging from the targets I have seen at a couple of shooting ranges, one a police shooting range.  Not many people know how to shoot well enough to hit what they are shooting at. 

As long as you can hit the guy on the barstool next to you...

3 hours ago, radiochaser said:

I was with my ex brother in law a few years ago, a Thai police officer.  Out near his country home, he took me to a place where he wanted to shoot his revolver.  He fired two rounds at a fence post.  Both missed.   

I made up a 1 inch diameter target on a 6 x 12 inch board and set it up 15 feet away.  He fired a round at it and missed the board. I figured the sights on his revolver were off. I asked to shoot at the target and he gave me the revolver.  I missed the one inch diameter target 1 inch. 

He just didn't know how to shoot very well. 

That is about the extent of the shooting I have seen in Thailand, so, it sounds like, to me, the shooter subject isn't that bad a shot. 

They make the simple mistake of no really firm grip and snatching the trigger.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived