Chrome - Have changes recently been made to it?

chrisinth

OK, please bear with me on this as I try to explain.

Starting yesterday afternoon, if I open a page in Chrome or click on a link, the webpage opens no problem. Now if I close down Chrome and re-open it, a tab will be visible showing the last webpage visited. My Chrome has never acted like this before and I have made no changes to the settings.

Using the links from a ThaiVisa newsletter as an example, this is what I am seeing:

chrome-01.jpg.ed06461d60bd426841dc7d1aec8b4117.jpg

Opened Chrome (first time from booting up) selecting TV from my Roboform and navigating to IT and Computers the url opens normally.

chrome-02.jpg.7b3e5904f525e3de8de76dafad5a1acd.jpg

After closing Chrome and clicking on another link from the newsletter, Chrome has retained the last site visited as well as the link I have just clicked on.

chrome-03.jpg.329e7b86a605a34d43c64d90c70e73d4.jpg

Closed down Chrome again and clicked on the next link from the newsletter, and have now got 3 active tabs. This pattern continues. The tabs are active as I can see each of them reloading each time I re-open Chrome.

OS is W10 Pro (Fall Creator, legit) and running ESET end point security (pretty certain it is not a virus/malware or add-in problem). No changes made to ESET or Roboform either to my knowledge. 

21 hours ago, maxpower said:

Click the 3 dot icon top right and type startup - view what is set to happen when Chrome starts.

Thanks Max, already checked the settings. It was set to Sync All and I deselected the Open Tabs from the dropdown and is now showing Sync All customized. That seemed to have sorted out the problem after booting up this morning. It was still retaining the tabs yesterday (after I changed the settings) up until I shutdown last night.

Weird; as said earlier, I didn't change anything but all seems back to normal now.

Archived