BREAKING: Incredible footage shows foreigner falling from Suvarnabhumi airport roof

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Totally inappropriate to wish for the death of another-  if this person is mentally ill- she had no control over her actions. How about some understanding- instead of ignorance.  If you have nothing good  to say- Keep Quiet!!!

Right,the young lady having a hard time in life, a pat on the back, and she will be ok.

But probably nothing can be done for the pot belly sad and grumpy haters..

14 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

I know, and understand why 'mere mortals' don't.....

I climb because it's there.....or

I climb because I love to climb,

both cliched responses of pure stupidity.

The REAL response should have been....I climbed in the airport because I have an IQ not into double figures, I want attention (because if I behave normally, I am a nobody), and I want to endanger others when I fall, because I'm a selfish, egocentric moron.  

Tell Wu Yongning why you climb.............and why he shouldn't have.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-12/chinese-rooftopper-dies-in-stunt-gone-wrong/9250198

Which is basically what I said: Mere mortals, such as you, cannot fathom why people do such things. You can hold hands with some other equally upset members who would be quite happy to see her executed for her selfish deeds.

7 minutes ago, tropo said:

Which is basically what I said: Mere mortals, such as you, cannot fathom why people do such things. You can hold hands with some other equally upset members who would be quite happy to see her executed for her selfish deeds.

I would hazard a guess that 99.9% of the posters on Thaivisa are mere mortals.  The other.1% believe because they watched a youtube video of some idiot climbing up a building that they are gods.

16 hours ago, Bigfarang1948 said:

Incredible amount of idiotic responses to this incident too. All you jurors go away. Your vote to make her pay a fine, go to the Monkey House, or pay for rescue services is ridiculous speculation.  I am glad The Ghouls did  not get to see her brains splattered all over the floor.  Kudos to the Thai rescue team.

+1 on that.

Let's face it, the ex-pat population in Thailand, Cambodia and Philippines are generally considered, back in our countries of origin, to be amongst the lowest of the low.  Those lingering around web forums probably even more so.

This undoubtedly results in a degree of compensatory "virtue-signalling".  Here, a girl likely in the midst of a serious psychotic episode, becomes a useful object to damn, point fingers at, and declare oneself holier-than-thou.  I mean, no one here would ever be found with their hands up the skirt of a local girl half their age, deplorably drunk, or generally have acted in any way other than paragons of society - no sir ;-)

31 minutes ago, Tuatara said:

+1 on that.

Let's face it, the ex-pat population in Thailand, Cambodia and Philippines are generally considered, back in our countries of origin, to be amongst the lowest of the low.  Those lingering around web forums probably even more so.

This undoubtedly results in a degree of compensatory "virtue-signalling".  Here, a girl likely in the midst of a serious psychotic episode, becomes a useful object to damn, point fingers at, and declare oneself holier-than-thou.  I mean, no one here would ever be found with their hands up the skirt of a local girl half their age, deplorably drunk, or generally have acted in any way other than paragons of society - no sir ;-)

I guess that is why you are moving your worldly possessions by bus to Thailand and running back to  the Isle of Whinge.   

2 hours ago, Tuatara said:

+1 on that.

I kind of agree with the rest of your post, but about this, hmmm ?

let's say that , saying what you say, you are not doing yourself any favour , as it is obvious that you spend time here.

.. and it's not true, many decent folks living in Thailand and many good posters on TVF, i would guess the majority of them.

... i think that someone, i am not talking about you, should switch on the brain before judging harshly some fellow human beings, without knowing anything about their life.

2 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:
2 hours ago, tropo said:

I would hazard a guess that 99.9% of the posters on Thaivisa are mere mortals.  The other.1% believe because they watched a youtube video of some idiot climbing up a building that they are gods.

About 5 hours ago I received a PM from you as follows: "enjoy the rest of your life - welcome to my ignore list". That's cool. You were doing us both a favour, but...

then... about 2 hours ago you replied to me again. Why would you reply to a member you put on your ignore list. Typically if you ignore someone, that's the end of it. If you continue, you're becoming a stalker. I see you went back and marked every post I made on this thread "sad". LOL

Ironically, you're the one questioning the sanity (IQ) of the climbing lady, when it's your own IQ you should be looking into.

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

About 5 hours ago I received a PM from you as follows: "enjoy the rest of your life - welcome to my ignore list". That's cool. You were doing us both a favour, but...

then... about 2 hours ago you replied to me again. Why would you reply to a member you put on your ignore list. Typically if you ignore someone, that's the end of it. If you continue, you're becoming a stalker. I see you went back and marked every post I made on this thread "sad". LOL

Ironically, you're the one questioning the sanity (IQ) of the climbing lady, when it's your own IQ you should be looking into.

The climbing lady did something a bit strange, no doubs, but like you, i wonder which planet some people come from.

I think LOL is the correct answer :whistling:

15 minutes ago, tropo said:

first break up never sticks. 

my ignore button isn t cast in stone

I didn 't realize you were immortal when I said it, forever and ever seems like a long time to be angry

I just thought it would be another twenty years till you died  :sorry:

3 minutes ago, Proud Father said:

This could easily be a paid stunt/dare...check out social media platforms that pay people to perform stunts/dares, watch people die attempting them.  If you thought jackass was bad, stay clear of these.

Well, it could be, but the woman in question was reported earlier walking on the highway, and not able to communicate with the Police who checked her, so it seems more a case of the woman losing the plot.

I hope she is well, we hear everyday of mad people hurting or killing others, what she did was just a little climbing in an unusual spot.

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

I kind of agree with the rest of your post, but about this, hmmm ?

let's say that , saying what you say, you are not doing yourself any favour , as it is obvious that you spend time here.

.. and it's not true, many decent folks living in Thailand and many good posters on TVF, i would guess the majority of them.

... i think that someone, i am not talking about you, should switch on the brain before judging harshly some fellow human beings, without knowing anything about their life.

Agreed, of course there are many decent folk here. 

But the permissiveness of the culture allows all kinds of actions to go unchecked and for many to slip in to daily behaviours considered serious social faux pas back where they came from.  That's before even accounting for the cheapness of living and raucous nightlife. 

It's difficult to argue that SEA doesn't attract more than its fair share of "a certain type", even if that is being overly judgemental of them.  The same lack of oversight and moderating influences, an excessive perception of freedom and dubious peers, seems to make for questionable mindsets in mature ex-pats as much as it does in teenage backpackers.

I guess my point was simply that those baying for blood, harm and criminal proceedings against this unfortunate lady might do well to reflect on their own behaviours over the years.  Just being able to look down on someone else, doesn't necessarily elevate oneself to a credible level of virtuosity.

Edited by Tuatara

This lady caused the rescue people tme and effort to save her life.

She should at the very least have to pay a fine for that say at least 10 to 20 thousands

baht. Publically apologize through a translator, then be sent to her home country with

at least a 2 year ban before being allowed to visit Thailand again.

Geezer

10 hours ago, Tuatara said:

But the permissiveness of the culture allows all kinds of actions to go unchecked and for many to slip in to daily behaviours considered serious social faux pas back where they came from.  That's before even accounting for the cheapness of living and raucous nightlife. 

It's difficult to argue that SEA doesn't attract more than its fair share of "a certain type", even if that is being overly judgemental of them.  The same lack of oversight and moderating influences, an excessive perception of freedom and dubious peers, seems to make for questionable mindsets in mature ex-pats as much as it does in teenage backpackers.

I guess my point was simply that those baying for blood, harm and criminal proceedings against this unfortunate lady might do well to reflect on their own behaviours over the years.  Just being able to look down on someone else, doesn't necessarily elevate oneself to a credible level of virtuosity.

You arrange words like a florist arranges flowers.  beautifully written puff piece that would make a snowflakes heart melt.

Through her in jail and ban her. 

On 12/13/2017 at 5:48 PM, Jingthing said:

It doesn't sound like a suicide attempt. More like a stunt for whatever weird reasons. I think it would be fair to assess a fine and to make her pay the cost of the rescue workers and then blacklist.

Based on that short footage, I'd say it was anything but just a stunt. I don't necessarily think she wanted to kill herself either. But I'd lean towards that as opposed to just a stunt. She looked deranged... Some type of serious mental issue.

On 12/15/2017 at 1:42 AM, Tuatara said:

Most of those railing against her are half, or fully, drunk. Whiskey soured and just sitting there waiting to die. Nothing better to do than crap on others and pretend holier than thou.

Edited by happysanook

On 13/12/2017 at 5:45 PM, darksidedog said:

Be interesting to see if she actually gets charged with anything, as she was after all,  just hanging around in an airport.:smile:

And a no better way to hang around before that long walk to the plane than by your ankles.....

On 12/15/2017 at 12:52 AM, mauGR1 said:

Well, it could be, but the woman in question was reported earlier walking on the highway, and not able to communicate with the Police who checked her, so it seems more a case of the woman losing the plot.

I hope she is well, we hear everyday of mad people hurting or killing others, what she did was just a little climbing in an unusual spot.

Didnt hear anything about that, but lets hope she figures it out before its to late.