Pastrami on Rye

Roger Lee

Noticed while cruising by the the now closed down Pastrami on Rye restaurant that concrete mixing bags and other construction work has been going on, interesting.  Tonight, passing by on a baht bus I saw one of the original owners (bald headed guy) talking with one of the construction workers.

Now my curiosity is up.   Hopefully I let the cat out of the bag.  Their breakfasts were probably the best I've tasted in the Pattaya area and the guy that was instrumental in doing this was there tonight.  I could go on about the burgers, sandwiches, and pizzas, etc. but I'll save that for later when the proof is in the pudding.

I'm excited btw.  Should have stopped and asked, maybe next time.

12593603_1122954154430650_6268230182351777365_o.jpg

12195134_956043547788379_5822622683241823317_o.jpg

Just now, simoh1490 said:

I'm sorry but that sandwich thing in the top photo looks disgusting, what ever it is.

Maybe I should have cropped it out for your viewing pleasure.  I posted that photo to show the guy that I saw tonight.  The burger btw was their first that they made for sale, the photo was taken by me and posted on their Facebook page and of course usage rights are not an issue.  It was an awesome burger.

13 minutes ago, SidJames said:

I did like their pulled pork but their cuban was outstanding.

Their pizzas were woeful IM0 though & I tried them a couple of times in the hope of improvement.

Yeah, their crust was hit and miss imho, kind of like Hemingway's pizza is.  There was a time or two when it was spot on though....the toppings were good though, of course that's from a mid-western American point of view.  Many different expectations on pizza I've noticed.

This would be great if it opens again! Place is sorely missed! Fresh made pastrami is hard to find even back in the states. Most Jewish delis there have it shipped in from a supplier states away. They made other great sandwiches like the roast beef and cheddar and pulled pork.

I don't get the pizza bashing above. They had a very good Chicago deep dish i use to order.

I agree about Hemingways pizza RL.

I've decent enough & very poor dough.

I think there are times when they don't have enough dough so make a fresh batch & don't prove it properly.

I didn't know that PoR did chicago deep dish or I would have sampled it.

It should take 45-50 mins minimum

Archived