USA Today editorial says Trump unfit to clean Obama's toilet

webfact

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

Trump judicial nominee struggles to answer basic legal questions at hearing

Prerequisites for appointment to a lifetime judgeship on the federal bench under Trump:

1. Be white

2. Be male

3. Be ultra right wing (preferably president of the Young Conservatives or Aryan Student Association at whatever school you skated thru on your rich daddy’s legacy coattails)

4. Be laugh-out-loud unqualified

5. Be shamelessly loyal to Team Trump/Putin

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Prerequisites for appointment to a lifetime judgeship on the federal bench under Trump:

1. Be white

2. Be male

3. Be ultra right wing (preferably president of the Young Conservatives or Aryan Student Association at whatever school you skated thru on your rich daddy’s legacy coattails)

4. Be laugh-out-loud unqualified

5. Be shamelessly loyal to Team Trump/Putin

Wasn't one of Trump's campaign promises to hire the best people possible for the job?

Another lie, and his followers don't seem to get it.  Or, just don't care.  Sad times.

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

And yet his base accepts this...or ignores it.  Boggles my mind.

New tax plan at full speed ahead, immigration finally taken seriously, stock market humming along nicely. All the reasons Trump is in office. Copy and paste all the hate filled rants you like, won't change things one little bit.

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

And yet his base accepts this...or ignores it.  Boggles my mind.

His base was never about facts, they're all about MAWA - Make America White Again. Their pitiful yearning for a return to the Utopia that existed in the commercials of the perfect white families that ran in the 50's is what's behind the unholy mess we're in right now.

23 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

New tax plan at full speed ahead, immigration finally taken seriously, stock market humming along nicely. All the reasons Trump is in office. Copy and paste all the hate filled rants you like, won't change things one little bit.

Let's look at these individually. 

Tax plan: It's not a done deal and the impact will not be known for years to come.  For now, most experts say it benefits the rich (including Trump) and businesses.  Not lower income individuals.  And may actually raise the deficit, unless the economy continues to grow dramatically.  We're already many years into a strong bull market, started during the Obama administration.  It's going to come to an end eventually.

You are OK with this and touting it as a win?  Seriously?

The market was humming for years before Trump came along.  Yes, there's been a bump due to him.  As you know, most American's don't benefit from this.  Only a select few.

And you are OK with this and touting it as a win?  Seriously?

Ya got anything else?  A wall that's paid for by Mexico?  Declare the Chinese a currency manipulator?  Sue his accusers of sexual misconduct?  Release his taxes after an audit was completed? Draining the swamp?  Cancel global warming payments to the UN?  Balance the budget? Eliminate the federal deficit in 8 years?

Or "Lock her up!"? :cheesy:

He's failed miserably.  And if we're lucky, will be charged with obstruction of justice.  Saying he may pardon Flynn doesn't help.

On 12/14/2017 at 6:46 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

"...USA Today responded: "A president who would all but call Sen Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama Presidential Library or to shine the shoes of George W Bush.

"This isn't about the policy differences we have with all presidents or our disappointment in some of their decisions.

"Obama and Bush both failed in many ways. They broke promises and told untruths, but the basic decency of each man was never in doubt...""

It really says something when a paper not known for its editorials explodes like this. And it is true, it is a disgusting thing that is happening to the USA; I am deeply embarrassed for all my American friends.

I have said it before and (sadly) will say it again;

Donald Trump is an ever-expanding cloud of toxic waste that defiles everything it touches.

God help us all.

God will not help us all. That is the problem! It is up to you, US citizens, to change matters because Superman won't solve the problem also. I am no fan of the NRA, but if there is a time to use those arms, it is now.

It is for US citizens to stop the blatant interference(s) from multinationals in politics, in the legal systems (local and national), and other countries' businesses (starting wars and bringing down economies). Trump is just a representation of how dire the situation has become. The multinationals and the 1% have just voted a tax bill that will give them even more power while many US citizens scrape by working for McDonald's! How can this country give lessons to others on how they should run their business baffles the mind.

Edited by EnlightenedAtheist

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Obama had a lot to clean up that is for sure.  He kept the US from scumbing to the greatest depression since the big one.  Job well done!

Trump's taking over when everything is going great.  Lucky president.  Let's see how he does after 4 years.

Here's something to watch for you Trump supporters.  Absolutely incredible.  He's ruining the entire government.  Which as we know, was his intention all along.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/15/politics/judicial-nominee-questions-flub/index.html

Trump wants this guy to be a judge yet he has no real experience in anything legal at all. Perhaps he should be the nominated judge if Trump ever goes to trial. With work experience like he has shown Trump would be nominated as POTUS for life.

OTOH if he were nominated as Trump's defence lawyer that would be the biggest joke of all.

6 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Obama had a lot to clean up that is for sure.  He kept the US from scumbing to the greatest depression since the big one.  Job well done!

Trump's taking over when everything is going great.  Lucky president.  Let's see how he does after 4 years.

Here's something to watch for you Trump supporters.  Absolutely incredible.  He's ruining the entire government.  Which as we know, was his intention all along.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/15/politics/judicial-nominee-questions-flub/index.html

Incredible. No trial experience, no background in litigation, but up for the job.

4 hours ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

God will not help us all. That is the problem! It is up to you, US citizens, to change matters because Superman won't solve the problem also. I am no fan of the NRA, but if there is a time to use those arms, it is now.

It is for US citizens to stop the blatant interference(s) from multinationals in politics, in the legal systems (local and national), and other countries' businesses (starting wars and bringing down economies). Trump is just a representation of how dire the situation has become. The multinationals and the 1% have just voted a tax bill that will give them even more power while many US citizens scrape by working for McDonald's! How can this country give lessons to others on how they should run their business baffles the mind.

Jobs flipping burgers aren't for supporting oneself, much less a family. Minimum wage jobs aren't for supporting but, for supplementing. I understand that folks today are struggling but I doubt whether a lower tax would do them much good. The new tax bill helps not just the 1% but also middle income, those with over $100,000 yr incomes. You know how much it sucks when you work crazy hours to be a good provider and the person in front of you in store is buying top food items with their Gov. card. Is that right??? Items that I don't buy because I feel they're too expensive.

Lets not forget it's the 1% ers who foot most of the tax money.

40 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Jobs flipping burgers aren't for supporting oneself, much less a family. Minimum wage jobs aren't for supporting but, for supplementing. I understand that folks today are struggling but I doubt whether a lower tax would do them much good. The new tax bill helps not just the 1% but also middle income, those with over $100,000 yr incomes. You know how much it sucks when you work crazy hours to be a good provider and the person in front of you in store is buying top food items with their Gov. card. Is that right??? Items that I don't buy because I feel they're too expensive.

Lets not forget it's the 1% ers who foot most of the tax money.

Not true about the top 1 percent paying most of taxes.. They may pay for a large percent of federal income tax, but if all taxes in the us are figured, everyone pays pretty much the same rate. And even at the federal income tax they paid 39.48 percent of it. 

And as for your minimum wage citation, why not raise it to a living wage?

And really? People on food stamps are buying luxury items with their stipend? You got some proof that this is a significant amount.. 

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Not true about the top 1 percent paying most of taxes.. They may pay for a large percent of federal income tax, but if all taxes in the us are figured, everyone pays pretty much the same rate. And even at the federal income tax they paid 39.48 percent of it. 

And as for your minimum wage citation, why not raise it to a living wage?

And really? People on food stamps are buying luxury items with their stipend? You got some proof that this is a significant amount.. 

I was only speaking of Federal Taxes.

First, how much per hour is a living wage? Different for each region. Let's take the guy who has an entry level job in a good union business. He started at maybe $13./hr, waiting for his chance to get a job paying $15/hr. Along comes the guy who just started at Burger King making $15/hr to start. I can't see that as fair.

Minimum wage jobs weren't meant to be one's goal in life.  Now if all jobs country wide increased the wage by say $9.00/hr across the board. If the guy was making $20/hr driving truck, increase his wage to $29/hr, but we all know that's not going to happen.

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

I was only speaking of Federal Taxes.

First, how much per hour is a living wage? Different for each region. Let's take the guy who has an entry level job in a good union business. He started at maybe $13./hr, waiting for his chance to get a job paying $15/hr. Along comes the guy who just started at Burger King making $15/hr to start. I can't see that as fair.

Minimum wage jobs weren't meant to be one's goal in life.  Now if all jobs country wide increased the wage by say $9.00/hr across the board. If the guy was making $20/hr driving truck, increase his wage to $29/hr, but we all know that's not going to happen.

So you're saying that in the past, because someone was paid a substandard wage, then the minimum wage should be substandard now? Really? And the union guy who waited for his post, he's going to be resentful because other workers are making a living wage? He may be a great worker, but if he feels that way he's also an a$$h01e.

6 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

So you're saying that in the past, because someone was paid a substandard wage, then the minimum wage should be substandard now? Really? And the union guy who waited for his post, he's going to be resentful because other workers are making a living wage? He may be a great worker, but if he feels that way he's also an a$$h01e.

When I was 15 making $1.50/hr it wasn't substandard. Minimum wage was geared for part time jobs and supplementing the bread winners salary. It's tragic that all our factory jobs paying living wages have disappeared.

If you're going to increase one's wage by $8-$9/hr then increase everyone's by the same amount.

The guy doing hard manual labor in let's say a Teamsters job playing by the rules has a right to be pissed if he's not going to be making more than a person taking your order at a fast food joint.

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

When I was 15 making $1.50/hr it wasn't substandard. Minimum wage was geared for part time jobs and supplementing the bread winners salary. It's tragic that all our factory jobs paying living wages have disappeared.

If you're going to increase one's wage by $8-$9/hr then increase everyone's by the same amount.

The guy doing hard manual labor in let's say a Teamsters job playing by the rules has a right to be pissed if he's not going to be making more than a person taking your order at a fast food joint.

Because it hurts him how? And what makes those rules sacred? Were these always the rules? And really, given what Republicans have done to unions and are doing to unions, choosing a teamster as an example seems an odd choice. And just wait until Trump appoints another Neal Gorsuch. Then American workers will be truly up the creek. What you're really saying is because American workers are being screwed over by corporate interests, better paid workers are justified in being resentful of a rise in the minimum wage. Get workers to resent those less well off rather than resent the people who are really screwing them over. Brilliant!

12 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Subvert democracy?  Freedom of speech is one of the main pillars of democracy.  Or have you decided to ignore that?

Glad we agree that you don't wouldn't want to oust a democratically elected President

An attempt to invalidate the election with accusations of Russian Collusion?  That's been proven.  You need better news sources.  Nobody is denying Russia tried to influence the elections.  They are doing the same thing all over the world.  Read the proper news and you'll find this out.

Correct. Russia did that. Just as the US tries to subvert elections around the world. Remember "back of the queue" Obama? Hell - they even overthrow ELECTED governments.

But - just because Russia tried to influence the elect, does not mean Trump colluded with them. Perhaps before you reply next time - look up any big words you don't understand.

Sexual impropriety?  If Franken resigns because of his allegations, then Trump should do the same.  It's only fair.

Aaaah - well - we didn't agree for long. So to summarize, in order to ouster a sitting president, one only needs to...

1 - find a Democrat politician that allegedly likes to place his hand on women's asses

2 - get him to resign for point 1

3 - then tell the President he needs to resign for 'fairness'

Like I said - end of democracy.

3 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

Glad we agree that you don't wouldn't want to oust a democratically elected President

Correct. Russia did that. Just as the US tries to subvert elections around the world. Remember "back of the queue" Obama? Hell - they even overthrow ELECTED governments.

But - just because Russia tried to influence the elect, does not mean Trump colluded with them. Perhaps before you reply next time - look up any big words you don't understand.

Aaaah - well - we didn't agree for long. So to summarize, in order to ouster a sitting president, one only needs to...

1 - find a Democrat politician that allegedly likes to place his hand on women's asses

Your point is only applicable if the president likes to place his hands on women's asses.

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Your point is only applicable if the president likes to place his hands on women's asses.

Correct & there is no evidence that he does.

Only accusations.

I believe people are innocent until proven guilty, right?

Do you wonder why these accusations are only stepping up now the Russian thing is finally done? Not after he was elected, not before he was elected, not before he stood for election - but right now when the last gasps of the Russian investigation are over.

Look - when the shoe is on the other foot & it's Fox printing articles about President Creepy Joe Biden not being fit to wipe Trumps ass and asking for his resignation - you will agree with me. 

But it's a matter of principle. You believe in democracy or not. Franken should NOT resign because it sets the stage for the end of democracy - as I've stated in other threads. 

32 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

Correct & there is no evidence that he does.

Only accusations.

I believe people are innocent until proven guilty, right?

Do you wonder why these accusations are only stepping up now the Russian thing is finally done? Not after he was elected, not before he was elected, not before he stood for election - but right now when the last gasps of the Russian investigation are over.

Look - when the shoe is on the other foot & it's Fox printing articles about President Creepy Joe Biden not being fit to wipe Trumps ass and asking for his resignation - you will agree with me. 

But it's a matter of principle. You believe in democracy or not. Franken should NOT resign because it sets the stage for the end of democracy - as I've stated in other threads. 

It's true we don't have him on tape confessing that he likes to grab women's asses.

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

It's true we don't have him on tape confessing that he likes to grab women's asses.

When all is said & done - would you prefer to be judged by what you did or what you said?

When you look up to someone - do you look up to them because of what they said or by what they did?

Very simple questions....

5 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

When all is said & done - would you prefer to be judged by what you did or what you said?

When you look up to someone - do you look up to them because of what they said or by what they did?

By what they did and what they said they did when they think they're speaking in confidence.

10 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

If a president breaks the law, or is determined to be until for the position, then they need to be removed.  That's also democracy.  Please read up on the pillars of democracy.  Justice is one them.

The US has hacked a foreign nations elections servers and published the results on the internet?  Taken out fake ads and posted fake news in a variety of websites?  Please, show a link for that.  I'll be waiting.

Well aware of the term colluded.  Perhaps you should look up the word respect.  In case you don't understand.

7 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

Trump is being judged by what he does and what he says.  Neither are good, nor appropriate for a POTUS.

As for his current legislation?  It's primarily catering to his far right base.  As shown in approval polls, most Americans don't agree with what's he's doing.

6 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Trump is being judged by what he does and what he says.  Neither are good, nor appropriate for a POTUS.

As for his current legislation?  It's primarily catering to his far right base.  As shown in approval polls, most Americans don't agree with what's he's doing.

Would a good portion of the discontent be those folks who miss the cradle to grave substance mentality of the past regime? We'll solve poverty by redistributing the wealth. Those evil rich people have too much. And while we're at it we'll take a good portion of the middle class's money and give to the poor. You mean those people.

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Would a good portion of the discontent be those folks who miss the cradle to grave substance mentality of the past regime? We'll solve poverty by redistributing the wealth. Those evil rich people have too much. And while we're at it we'll take a good portion of the middle class's money and give to the poor. You mean those people.

No.  A good portion of the discontent is because those folks miss the intelligent and decent mentality of the past regime.  Not the current one who lies 5.5 times every day and Tweets vicious comments. 

Redistributing the wealth?  Isn't that what Trump's doing now?  Are you support this?  He didn't campaign on that, but is tearing the government apart and making it easy for the rich to get richer.  Especially himself.

Equity is one of the pillars of democracy.  Equality for all, not just the rich.

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

No, that would be most people in America today. Even though it seems to be tough for you guys you really should try to pay attention.

I know you're burning to MAWA (Make America White Again) but here's a shocker; it's never going to happen - those days are over forever.

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

If you look at poverty rate by nation, you'll find that those countries with stronger social safety nets do much bette on averager than those with weaker ones. The USA's performance in this regard is particularly dismal.

https://data.oecd.org/inequality/poverty-rate.htm

2 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

If you look at poverty rate by nation, you'll find that those countries with stronger social safety nets do much bette on averager than those with weaker ones. The USA's performance in this regard is particularly dismal.

https://data.oecd.org/inequality/poverty-rate.htm

Agree that in let's say Denmark, those folks seem to be happy with their social way. I'm just not a believer in taking from the rich, even though I myself am working crazy hours to make my $$$. Ultimately their will be a price to pay for too much assistance. Technology is taking away decent paying jobs from folks with little education. We have to restructure our entire school system to get our young people ready for the cruel world. Have apprentice ship training available for students and the unemployed alike.

But, simply taking money from a guy that has more than you doesn't seem like the way to go. That's not the way I was raised.

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

But, simply taking money from a guy that has more than you doesn't seem like the way to go. That's not the way I was raised.

How about not 'taking away a rich person's money', but changing the tax laws so that, going forward, he doesn't make quite as much as he did before?