USA Today editorial says Trump unfit to clean Obama's toilet

webfact

1 hour ago, Coconutman said:

Its known for short articles.

Like most media it has gone down hill and is one sided. Circulation is exactly what i described. Do you know why back covers arw expenxive do you know they figure an office copy in a doctors office has 4 readers per marketing. Circulation and subscribers are not the same thing. Circulation is amont distributed. Not read

Oh, geez, buy a clue.

I didn't say they offer the best journalism. 

That would be the coastal elite newspapers.

It's about that they are major brand representing wholesome MIDDLE AMERICAN values.

Don't bother replying. You fail to acknowledge the reality about what this means symbolically and culturally in the American context. Obviously INTENTIONALLY because you get it too but don't want to face it. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Trouble said:

You are right this was an editorial but I also remember the days when editorial pages printed opposing editorials and were not so blatantly unbalanced in their editorial opinion.  Editorial pages used to be a forum for opposing opinions.  No more.  

I also remember the days when Presidents were not so blatantly unbalanced in their opinions of the press. Trump is owed nothing but loathing by the majority of the US press and I for one thing the MSM have been pretty restrained and professional so far. I wish all the journals had the kuhoona's to turn their backs and walk out whenever Trump walked in the room. Presidents used to be a dignified voice of reason that upheld the constitution. No more.

23 minutes ago, Trouble said:

You are right this was an editorial but I also remember the days when editorial pages printed opposing editorials and were not so blatantly unbalanced in their editorial opinion.  Editorial pages used to be a forum for opposing opinions. 

Caution: don't look at the post immediately before yours.  reading it could result in extreme embarrassment.

1 hour ago, attrayant said:

If by "one sided", you mean two-sided, then you're exactly right.  It's right there on their editorial board page (emphasis mine):

To check this, I picked an opinion article at random: Tax Cuts the GOP will Regret.  About half-way down you can see this: "OPPOSING VIEW:  GOP tax bill is good for middle-class Americans".

5a329423ac742_editorial1.png.de5c16bc7e993a39c1a645ae05a2d215.png

I checked a half dozen others.  They all offer opposing viewpoints.  How dare they be so one-sided!

Shame you failed to check the article discussed in this thread and point us to the opposing viewpoint then.

Some editorials are just that:  an editor's (or some senior person's) opinion.

Other times, there is an opposing opinion, concurrently, written by someone else.  

It doesn't  have to be one way or another.  It's however the particular newspaper chooses to slice it.

I used to write a monthly column for the Grass Valley Union, a daily newspaper in northern California.  I (as a liberal) was paired off with a conservative writer.  Each month, we would pick a topic, and take two sides.  It was enjoyable, and I got a little side money, enough to put gas in my chainsaw to buck up some firewood.   Now I reside in Thailand, so I don't need to cut, split and stack 2 cords of wood each year.  Whew. 

8 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

In any job you were in, if a fairly significant and powerful person repeatedly called your work crap, lies, fake, failing, corrupt, etc etc and in doing so was fake themselves and in breech of the constitution, you would more than likely not remain unbiased .   In fact you would not be blamed (by normal rational people) if you went all out as a journalist to make the life of your bully and abuser an absolute nightmare by doing all you could to report the truth surrounding the individual. The only thing US journalists (other than Fox and Breitbart) owe Donald Trump is an unswerving  and loyal dedication to bringing the SOB (presidentially used term) down.

Nothing new here, that's all they've been trying to do since the elections.  Their (News Media) main goal has to be to bring him down. If it's not about Trump, then it's some silly thing about the First Lady.

9 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

In any job you were in, if a fairly significant and powerful person repeatedly called your work crap, lies, fake, failing, corrupt, etc etc and in doing so was fake themselves and in breech of the constitution, you would more than likely not remain unbiased .   In fact you would not be blamed (by normal rational people) if you went all out as a journalist to make the life of your bully and abuser an absolute nightmare by doing all you could to report the truth surrounding the individual. The only thing US journalists (other than Fox and Breitbart) owe Donald Trump is an unswerving  and loyal dedication to bringing the SOB (presidentially used term) down.

"Thank You!"

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Nothing new here, that's all they've been trying to do since the elections.  Their (News Media) main goal has to be to bring him down. If it's not about Trump, then it's some silly thing about the First Lady.

Yep.

8 hours ago, attrayant said:

If by "one sided", you mean two-sided, then you're exactly right.  It's right there on their editorial board page (emphasis mine):

To check this, I picked an opinion article at random: Tax Cuts the GOP will Regret.  About half-way down you can see this: "OPPOSING VIEW:  GOP tax bill is good for middle-class Americans".

5a329423ac742_editorial1.png.de5c16bc7e993a39c1a645ae05a2d215.png

I checked a half dozen others.  They all offer opposing viewpoints.  How dare they be so one-sided!

"Thank You!"

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

What 'silly' thing might that be then? You mean that silly thing about her being an undocumented illegal migrant when she came over? That silly thing? The 'silly thing' that Trump is all but having a hernia over in order to build  wall and keep all such 'low life' out. Or the 'silly thing' about Melania having an anti cyber bullying platform while her husband continues to be one of the biggest cyber bullies on the planet? ( It seems after Trumps last attack on Senator Gillibrand that Twitter are having to justify just why Trumps account has not been terminated, when had it been anyone else they would be suspended immediately). Yes all those 'silly things'.

14 hours ago, riclag said:

"I really do hope that you, our American cousins, can find someway to replace him PDQ with someone with an iota of intelligence and diplomacy."

We tried that for the last 40 or so years. Now look at the mess. 

What mess?? What's this big mess the right whingers are talking about?

12 hours ago, PhonThong said:

Not offended by it at all. I don't care one way or the other. Just curious why so much emphasis on the U.S.. If that offends YOU, then so be it.

Either you're curious or you don't care, you can't have both. Which one is it?

9 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Shame you failed to check the article discussed in this thread and point us to the opposing viewpoint then.

It's there.  You can find it with just a few clicks.  Don't expect the teacher to do all your homework for you.

Edited by attrayant

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

What 'silly' thing might that be then? You mean that silly thing about her being an undocumented illegal migrant when she came over? That silly thing? The 'silly thing' that Trump is all but having a hernia over in order to build  wall and keep all such 'low life' out. Or the 'silly thing' about Melania having an anti cyber bullying platform while her husband continues to be one of the biggest cyber bullies on the planet? ( It seems after Trumps last attack on Senator Gillibrand that Twitter are having to justify just why Trumps account has not been terminated, when had it been anyone else they would be suspended immediately). Yes all those 'silly things'.

"Thank You!"

11 hours ago, Trouble said:

You are right this was an editorial but I also remember the days when editorial pages printed opposing editorials and were not so blatantly unbalanced in their editorial opinion.  Editorial pages used to be a forum for opposing opinions. 

You are confusing editorials with op-eds. Or are you saying that a newspaper would take a for and against stand on an issue? Like Groucho Marx when he said. "These are my principles. And if you don't like them...well, I have others."

1 hour ago, Becker said:

Yes, we get it. You man-child supporters will continue to ignore the evidence contradicting your beliefs.

I presume your talking about the Collusion 

What evidence? Please document the evidence as opposed to the accusations.

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

I presume your talking about the Collusion 

What evidence? Please document the evidence as opposed to the accusations.

Well, you presume incorrectly. I was replying to your following statement:

"I don't think he's a moron. He's the President of the USA"

First of all, being a moron and being the POTUS are not mutually exclusive. If that were the case the man-child couldn't have been elected.

Secondly, that fact that you man-child supporters fail to admit he's a moron is clearly a case of ignoring the evidence as he demonstrates this on an almost daily basis.

And I'm far from being the only one that sees this.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2507

1 hour ago, Becker said:

What mess?? What's this big mess the right whingers are talking about?

The mess is what your demonizing about .The last 40 years have created your very obsession about what President Trump stands for. Don't blame right wingers blame yourself

Edited by riclag

23 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

Not an American, but from the outside it looks like there is a culture war going on in America.  And the gutter is where Trump has chosen to fight it.  How a man can go from paying tribute to Native American war veterans to talking about Pocahontas is unbelievable.  Obama and Bush3 wren t much to be proud of but Trump is in a class of his own.

A gold foil wrapped dog turd.

Your post reminded me of this; I think it's fitting considering how he is constantly disrespecting ANYONE who disagrees with "his highness." 

Mexican Chihuahua says.jpg

23 hours ago, Becker said:

Yes, just like he never said he grabbed pussies, never made fun of disabled persons etc, etc. You man-child supporters live in a parallel universe. Sad.

Trump is a pathological liar. This is a tool most dictators use to gain/keep control. Trump want to destroy democracy; maybe not to be put into jail.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html

2 minutes ago, Becker said:

Huh??

The mess I'm talking about is the same mess your obsessing about.The last 40 years of political experiments have created this situation .Don't just blame right wingers .Blame yourself for allowing what brought about this populist messenger .Look at what you created, "your man child" as you so profoundly name it.  

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

The mess I'm talking about is the same mess your obsessing about.The last 40 years of political experiments have created this situation .Don't just blame right wingers .Blame yourself for allowing what brought about this populist messenger .Look at what you created, "your man child" as you so profoundly name it.  

The last 40 years, 20 years of Democrats in power and 20 years of Republicans.  So who are you blaming? both parties?

because if you are you are the first sensible poster  to express that view

27 minutes ago, riclag said:

What political experiments are you referring to and what should have been done differently to avoid the "mess" we're in?

PS. If you're characterizing the Trump presidency as a mess then I heartily agree.

Edited by Becker