My facial skin is red and peeling - fake skin lotions?

simon43

If this is 'early-stage' Rosacea, a topical gel called Mirvaso seems to reduce the red colour for a limited time after application.

Is Mirvaso (or a local/generic brand) available OTC in Thailand? Expensive?

• 9 months later...

An update to this post:

My face redness (which looks like hives, but with no itching or burning sensation), cleared up after I applied some medical face cream that a doctor prescribed for me in Bangkok. All was fine for many months.

Then last week I returned to Thailand and the redness returned within a few days!  The red blotches are in exactly the same areas of my face as last time.....

Dr Google says hives may flare up for a few hours or one day.  But my red patches stay for a week or more.

I have applied some Fucidin (Fusidic Acid) cream that I obtained on my previous visit to Bangkok, and I'll see if that helps.  I have also applied some concealer because the redness is very apparent on my face.

I wonder why it is always the same skin areas that are affected. Could it be a food allergy?  I usually only eat fresh salads and fruit etc in Myanmar, but have been eating a wider range of food types in the past week because I am not in my own house and able to prepare food.