Change AIS SMS messages to English

steve187

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/service/en/service_language_700.html

You can probably contact the service provider and request English language SMSes.

You may be able to change/modify this setting by using one the service providers mobile apps, or web-based account management tools.

With DTAC, you may be able to append USSD commands with a *9 to receive a result in English.

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/services/happynumber.html

found this info in a post here, from 2013... 

drop an email to:

[email protected]

[email protected]

obviously mention your number and questions/issues/requests.

With DTAC adding a 9 to the USSD command returns an English response: Check your remaining balance – Press: *101*9# send

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/postpaid/services/dtacnumber.html

http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/change-language-service.html

You could also drill down the IVR system:

DTAC 1678 then 77 for English

AIS *700 call

Google Translate (Android) has a one-button "SMS Translation" option in its menu. So in Google Translate simply press the menu option - 3 dots, tp right corner on my phone/system, then choose SMS Translation. Done.

Edited by mtls2005

Thanks. I've asked 4 or 5 times at AIS stores to have SMSs in English. They call someone on.phone, get transferred. Talk more and say it's done...others ask for my mobile # promising someone will call back,,- no one has. These.visits waste 15-20 minutes of my time each time without success until now.

For DTAC  asked at the Phayao DTAC shop how to change  SMS from  Thai to English. Telephone the call centre was the answer.

A week later I was in Chiang Rai and asked at the DTAC shop in Central plaza. I was given a que number and waited. When I was called the very efficient worker took 10 seconds to change on her computer.

Well done Chiang Rai DTAC

Even easier is to just call the Call Centre on 1175 

When it answers, there will be options like "Press 1 for Thai. Press 2 for English"

I've found that the Operators do speak good English and are very helpful and will resolve these sorts of issues.

Edited by VBF

15 hours ago, Parsve said:

And as another matter of fact, AIS have you to pay for every single SMS they send you and this good trick will give them paid twice for mostly useless information.

Think I had the same problem with DTAC , numerous meaningless sms  and I did not understand how my 200 baht kept running out so quickly  . Called them and it stopped only to restart a couple of months later , stopped them again . I wonder if all falangs are aware of this cos not so apparent or noticeable if you have a large credit on your phone .

Didn't work for me; came back with an option in Thai to choose  #1  #2  #3  #4   or  #9    then  Cancel or Send.  I cancelled at that point.  So far hitting Send (easy by accident) it will cost you money (units/credits).

1 hour ago, nahkit said:

This code only works for One-2-Call. I have an internet package that includes free calls and it didn't work for me.

I have One 2 call and an internet package that included 100 free minutes.  Still worked for me.

2 minutes ago, Ken said:

I have One 2 call and an internet package that included 100 free minutes.  Still worked for me.

I said  " This code only works for One-2-Call "

You said "I have One 2 call"

2 minutes ago, nahkit said:

I said  " This code only works for One-2-Call "

You said "I have One 2 call"

Sorry the way I read it, looked like you had One 2 call with an internet package with free calls.

Just now, Ken said:

No problem, my internet package with calls is not a One-2-Call service, when I pay at the ATM I use a different option to the One-2-Call option. If I try that code I get a message, in Thai, saying the code is for the One-2-Call service only.