2 jet ski vendors busted for stealing Chinese tourist’s unattended million-baht bag

Rimmer

2 jet ski vendors busted for stealing Chinese tourist’s unattended million-baht bag

image.png

PATTAYA:--Two Pattaya jet ski vendors have been arrested for allegedly stealing a million baht in property that a Chinese tourist left unattended on the beach.

Zhu Jiang, 28, complained to Pattaya Tourist Police Dec. 5 that his waterproof bag was stolen while he went swimming on Koh Larn. Inside was an Apple iPhone X, gold chain, jade necklace and a diamond ring. He had left the bag unattended on the sand when he went for a dip.

He asked nearby jet ski vendors for help, but got no cooperation.

It turned out that, according to CCTV footage, two of those vendors took the bag.

Rattanapol Sae-uey, 21, and Surasak Inchote, 50, were arrested. Rattanapol admitted he was the one who stole the bag and took it to Surasak to help sell the contents.

The diamond ring was sold at a second-hand shop while other jewelry was hidden. He threw the 40,000-baht phone into the sea, as it was impossible to unlock and could be tracked.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-12-15

they should also arrest anybody on the video who saw the theft but didn't tell anything to the victim.

once I parked my motorcycle infront of a motorcycle taxi stand with 2-3 guys there. I had forgotten my phone in one of the side compartments after talking during a red phase. came back about 90 seconds later, phone gone, nobody had seen a thing.