What Happened To The Text In My Wordpad File?

my benny rai

I had months of saved stories about Education in Thailand I had pasted off the net in a Word File I have been carefully building up and I went to open it today and it was empty!

Is there any way I can get this information back?

And what would cause such a thing in the first place? I can still open the file and I obviously did not delete the info myself? Any ideas?

Thanks!

And does anyone by any chance like to clip the news about Education from TN and BKKPost. I backed up my file about three weeks ago so I am missing all the news since then.

Cheers! :o

The file is not lost under a different directory. It is still in My Documents except all the information inside it is gone.

Still, do a search on your entire HD for a phrase in the document. This way, even if you accidentally renamed the file or something like that, you can still find it. If you have any backups they will show up.

It's your last chance. Other than that, the doc is gone forever.

In the future, it would be wise to do back-ups. Ideally burning to CD ROM/DVD or storing on an external HD, or a backup program, even the one included in Windows.

But even the very cheap method of saving the file under a different name every day, like filename_2007_01_16.rtf would be better than nothing.

It's pretty risky to trust all your work to a single file.

I have been religious about doing back-ups ever since I lost a hard disk 10 years back :o

Question: How big was the file and has the file still the same size?

May There is a way to recover but I need the answer to that question to first