AIS

Globalres

I have just had a horrible experience with AIS.  Have used them for about 10years, no hassle.  Hassle started this past Wednesday, could not dial out, a female voice speaking Thai was saying something.  I later understood that I should go to an AIS office and register, I already did that many, many years ago with passport etc.

so off I went to an AIS office this past Wednesday, they took photos of my passport and worked on their computers for around 20 mins, and said all was OK.  All was fine the whole day and evening.  I wake up on Thursday, I.e. yesterday and wanted to call for my taxi, got hold  of a neighbor who could call my taxi company.  Again, off to the AIS office.  They sat at their computer, smiled and said all OK now.

well, this morning, the same thing happened.  Off I went to the AIS office again, the third day in a row! Same story, 5 mins on their computer, and was promised its all OK finally.  It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow morning.

i have no clue as to why this has happened after 10years of having my tel no, also, registering with passport when this was initially required.  

Has as anyone else had this problem? What to do?  HVe been advised that I could change from AIS to True.  Opinions, would be grateful to hear.  

I've been with AIS as a post paid customer for 13 years, no real complaints.

However, if you do decide to move elsewhere, remember that you can take your existing mobile number with you to the new mobile service provider.

It will cost you 30 Baht and should be transferred within a couple of days. The mobile companies have no option but to accept your request, it is part of the regulations, so if you do want to transfer your number don't be put off by someone telling you it's not possible.