1. 1. Final Round for POTY, 2017

• Transam
    • Colinneil
    • Baboon
    • Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, geronimo said:

The initiation ceremony has changed since you were crowned btw ....

Didn't know this.  Haven't been invited to a POTY crowning in several years.  Sad to say, but there are certain similarities in the way that the management of Thai Visa treats the former POTYs and the management of Miss America treats their "formers".  

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Whoa, have you become a mod, Geronimo?

That's way above my station. Scott will investigate any lead I pass him, and if it proves fruitful, the case is passed on to Rimmer for consideration. I, like all of us, am subject to the rules and regulations that come from above, and I'm just extremely honoured to have even been considered for the position as POTY Commentator.

2 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Didn't know this.  Haven't been invited to a POTY crowning in several years.  Sad to say, but there are certain similarities in the way that the management of Thai Visa treats the former POTYs and the management of Miss America treats their "formers".  

You mean the intensive grooming?

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

That's way above my station. Scott will investigate any lead I pass him, and if it proves fruitful, the case is passed on to Rimmer for consideration. I, like all of us, am subject to the rules and regulations that come from above, and I'm just extremely honoured to have even been considered for the position as POTY Commentator.

Are you a candidate?

Just now, geronimo said:

You mean the intensive grooming?

Of course, I realise just how busy you are, with the various charities and committees that must be overseen, and if you haven't yet had an invite, I will personally get you a front row seat at this year's crowning ceremony.

Just now, geronimo said:

Of course, I realise just how busy you are, with the various charities and committees that must be overseen, and if you haven't yet had an invite, I will personally get you a front row seat at this year's crowning ceremony.

If you quote yourself again I'll have to recommend mental health care for you. :smile:

12 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I often like to let my imagination have a little wander, and visualise posters and their lifestyles.

I see JLC as a man of action, and his study would house a fine collection of books. There'd be tickertapes and screens of financial data, whirring away in the background, and he would have at least 7 phone lines, to traders and lawyers mainly, but there are scriptwriters and political lobby partners.

I see the furniture as being mahogany or perhaps teak, and it is very rare anyone is allowed into the room, aside from the cleaning staff and IT support. JLC has a fine selection of Havana cigars, that are occasionally lit, when a new venture is acquired, or unloading stock before it falls through the roof.

12 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Other than a PC laptop which helps me run a US-based NGO, the only other thing of note in my room is this:

M45musser3.jpg

15 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I often like to let my imagination have a little wander, and visualise posters and their lifestyles.

I see JLC as a man of action, and his study would house a fine collection of books. There'd be tickertapes and screens of financial data, whirring away in the background, and he would have at least 7 phone lines, to traders and lawyers mainly, but there are scriptwriters and political lobby partners.

I see the furniture as being mahogany or perhaps teak, and it is very rare anyone is allowed into the room, aside from the cleaning staff and IT support. JLC has a fine selection of Havana cigars, that are occasionally lit, when a new venture is acquired, or unloading stock before it falls through the roof.

I see you as having the easiest job in the world. 

21 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I see you are a fellow 6 dotter, and if I were you, I'd stay out of the grass, at least until the voting is over .....

In a past life known in a far distant galaxy, I was aware of the meaning of a "three holer". 

Please explain  for me the meaning of a "6 dotter".     I have only my imagination to help me on my own.

I love expanding my awareness of things.     I hope it'll be helpful.

37 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Sincerely, does anyone actually care about this?

Winning an Academy Award in Hollywood matters in that it means offers of roles that  will  likely be forthcoming.

Thai Visa  Poster of the year?    Who cares?   No award and after the fact and  it's all immediately forgotten.    Not even an ambassadorship to promote the site.

What gives? 

It smacks of post count mania   to me.  Silly stuff, IMHO.

Wot'chu talkin' abaaht .. There's satirical gold buried within the 147 pages of POTY '17 .. I mean even the moderater's have been dipping their bread in with some classic posts .. What is there not to like about or even partake of herein .. Go on let yourself go and enjoy .. 

Just now, watcharacters said:

In a past life known in a far distant galaxy, I was aware of the meaning of a "three holer". 

Please explain  for me the meaning of a "6 dotter".     I have only my imagination to help me on my own.

I love expanding my awareness of things.     I hope it'll be helpful.

Those shiny black dots under your TV name ... of which you and I have six, but others have 7 or maybe 8 .....

2 minutes ago, geronimo said:

almost quoted myself there!

Think of the dots as a kind of moral benchmark ......

I'm certainly fair, law abiding, scrupulous, considerate and generally generous to others.

I'll have to leave morals to the religious brigade.

But thanks for the answer of the dots.