Non-imm O-visa based on marriage?

Hello there,

just joined the community and a newbie here so please forgive me asking questions maybe already answered ;)

I am married to thai, been several years. I recently came to Thailand just a purpose to stay a month or two but things have changed and I will have some more free time in the future.

Currently I don't have any visa, just staying based on visa exemption rule for 30 days.

If I will travel to Savannakhet and apply family visa there, is this possible. I am just asking this because it is the first time to apply family visa and I have heard "rumors" that the first visa of this kind has to be applied in your home country.

Thanks...

14 minutes ago, ReinDeerMan said:

f I will travel to Savannakhet and apply family visa there, is this possible. I am just asking this because it is the first time to apply family visa and I have heard "rumors" that the first visa of this kind has to be applied in your home country.

The rumor is false.  You can apply in Savannakhet for a single-entry (2000 Baht) or multiple-entry (5000 Baht) Non-O Visa based on marriage to a Thai. 

Other than your passport, you will need your original marriage-certificate to show, a copy of it to submit, plus signed copies of your Thai-wife's ID and House-book, plus the filled application-form.  

You can apply for a single entry or multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy and copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

A multiple entry non-o visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.