Weinstein denies blacklisting actresses Ashley Judd, Mira Sorvino

rooster59

Here's  a snippet of what philosopher Axel Rose had  to say about the entertainment industry in 1986:

Welcome to the jungle we take it day by day
If you want it you're gonna bleed but it's the price to pay
And you're a very sexy girl, very hard to please
You can taste the bright lights but you won't get there for free

13 hours ago, impulse said:

How many guys you figure Tom Cruise had to blow for his last job? 

It's not as if Ashley Judd, Mira Sorvino and Salma Hayek are any less skilled than he is.  Or less skilled than Adam Sandler,  just to drive home the point.

No, but Salma Hayek is a whole lot richer than the bunch of them... At least since she married that billionaire.......

Edited by PhonThong

17 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

Billie Holiday        Strange Fruit

70 years ago Billie sang about lynching

30 years ago Axl sang about sexual harrasment

we got to deal with the now brother,  the world is changing

Not saying you're wrong, but lynching was never a mutual beneficial arrangement. And Axl was talking about the cost of gold-digging for fame and fortune, not simply harassment.

So not exactly apples and apples.

And I agree with the fight against sexual harassment.  My concern is the inherent sexism that casts this as a male only crime.

Edited by canuckamuck

15 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Not saying you're wrong, but lynching was never a mutual beneficial arrangement. And Axl was talking about the cost of gold-digging for fame and fortune, not simply harassment.

So not exactly apples and apples.

And I agree with the fight against sexual harassment.  My concern is the inherent sexism that casts this as a male only crime.

Kinda like only whites can be  racist I understand and see the danger.   My daughter in law took her ex boss to Human Rights.  He's lucky he didn t get a sh*t kicking too.  

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Nope, I'm not a member of the pedo rings we keep reading about.  Nor do I play for that team.  I already had a GF (of appropriate age) before I ever got to Thailand.

The biggest difference for me between temples and paychecks is that the paychecks never got boring, even when I got 70+ in a row that looked pretty much the same except the amount.  Temples, on the other hand...  The other difference is that I know a lot of people who are honestly here for the paycheck.  For the temples- never met a one.

I was being facetious.   I've never met anyone who was here for the temples either, except for myself of course!

1 hour ago, Credo said:

I was being facetious.   I've never met anyone who was here for the temples either, except for myself of course!

So was I. 

Out of 30+ million international visitors per year, I'm sure there are some that do come for the temples.  I've just never met one.

On 12/17/2017 at 4:48 PM, SoulWater said:

Very astute of you but only making a point (which I believe I am allowed to do under the forum rules) it sounds like you are trying to wind people up for am argument ;)

I believe I am allowed to make a point too i.e. you sound like you are whining - these women have legitimate complaints about him.

Would you feel the same if it was a female member of your family? Or, because they are part of Hollywood then abuse is OK? Cos that is basically what you are saying. 

I believe I am allowed to make a point too i.e. you sound like you are whining - these women have legitimate complaints about him.

Would you feel the same if it was a female member of your family? Or, because they are part of Hollywood then abuse is OK? Cos that is basically what you are saying. 
I would certainly not like that if it was a female member of my family - however sometimes when Hollywood people come out in force it has to be taken in context - what is the saying 'there is no such thing as bad publicity'?

31 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Would you feel the same if it was a female member of your family? 

Would depend on how much money they made from the deal.

For a share of $10M, I'd hold the pot plant for him.

Edited by MaeJoMTB