Video: Seconds from disaster - motorcyclist in lucky escape as drunk driver causes destruction

webfact

6 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Only two things here surprise me.

1 - The motorcyclist actually looked over his shoulder before pulling into the traffic lane.

2 - The pickup driver didn't run away.

But the motorcyclist did not have a helmet on.

4 hours ago, watcharacters said:

This is an unusual drunk driving video.  I've seen a lot of them.   In this one the driver appears to be driving straight and then suddenly veers off to his right and slams against the parked truck.    Usually drunk drivers weave a lot.    This almost appears intentional to me.

My thoughts went along the same line too.

6 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Only two things here surprise me.

1 - The motorcyclist actually looked over his shoulder before pulling into the traffic lane.

2 - The pickup driver didn't run away.

I agree it´s amazing with the motorcyclist that actually looked before driving.

The pickup driver would have run away if he still could. first drunk with 146 milligrams in his blood and also shaken but not stirred by the crasch. :cheesy:

4 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

The Isuzu caused the trouble after it had left the pub. The driver was drunk, but it was the Isuzu's fault.

A spokesman for Isuzu Motors Ltd. apologized and said they are investigating why the pick-up left the pub. A committee has been set up.

Incorrect.  The committee you speak of is only being set up to decide who will be on the Investigative Committee. 

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

I agree it´s amazing with the motorcyclist that actually looked before driving.

The pickup driver would have run away if he still could. first drunk with 146 milligrams in his blood and also shaken but not stirred by the crasch. :cheesy:

Is 146 mg of booze in his blood, in his system the same as blowing a .146 on a breathalyzer?

I'm from the US where .08 alcohol (per something) is the legal limit in 'most' states (I think).

Anyhow 146 mg/litre of blood or blowing .146 - either way he was so sauced he'd be doing good to walk away. He's actually lucky anybody walked away. Idiot.

Edited by jaywalker

17 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Police could not care less about making examples, they want to make MONEY on each and every incident. The justice system here is a business and every interaction with it costs money. Someone in the chain (police, prosecutor, judge, jail warden,...) or maybe all of them will sell the drunk driver a lesser penalty if he is willing and able to pay. Therefore the police need to extract cash from the perpetrator before he reaches the others in the chain.

If you can make a deal with the cops before it gets onto paper and you have the cash you have no problem, deal done!

10 hours ago, watcharacters said:

No one can surpass the Russian ones for me.     I'm happy so many people in Russia get the  dash cams to save on insurance premiums so there's an abundance of great videos. 

yep.  gotta love youtube that posts so many of those dash cams.  heck, a few years ago the Russian dash cams gave some of the best views of that meteor that burned up and created bright flashes, trails across the sky, sonic booms, shock waves, etc.  So many views helped the scientist pinpoint the trajectory of the meteor pretty well.  maybe with enough dash cams, we can finally catch some good UFOs, and Aliens, and big foots, etc

18 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

yep.  gotta love youtube that posts so many of those dash cams.  heck, a few years ago the Russian dash cams gave some of the best views of that meteor that burned up and created bright flashes, trails across the sky, sonic booms, shock waves, etc.  So many views helped the scientist pinpoint the trajectory of the meteor pretty well.  maybe with enough dash cams, we can finally catch some good UFOs, and Aliens, and big foots, etc

They already spotted bigfoot. He not only wear big shoes, but also wears big rings and big watches.

?w=620&h=413&crop=1&hash=01821F6768D2EB8

On 18.12.2017 at 10:53 AM, wgdanson said:

But the motorcyclist did not have a helmet on.

that's what  crossed my mind, too, when I was reading further.

Have they at least, at the point of all the CVC evidence, fined the lucky boy 500 Baht for not wearing a helmet on his "Not-Your-Fate-Yet- Day"  ?

On 12/18/2017 at 1:11 PM, watcharacters said:

This is an unusual drunk driving video.  I've seen a lot of them.   In this one the driver appears to be driving straight and then suddenly veers off to his right and slams against the parked truck.    Usually drunk drivers weave a lot.    This almost appears intentional to me.

I'd say he passed out with his foot heavy on the gas pedal.