Noisy bar in quiet neighbourhood, people moving out...

mat999

And that's why he came to Thaivisa to ask the question of what to do next. I answered his original question with the proper processes. It is up to him if he wants to go down those paths or not.

Personally, I don't really see a need for a follow up with something so small. 

On 12/18/2017 at 8:17 PM, 1sickpuppy said:

Do not like it go back to where you came from. is probably owned by the constabulary  ha ha get a life

No offense meant but when I read a reply such as your's to a poster who has reasonably asked for suggestions to a problem, I can't help but feel you must be unhappy and bitter about something.

• Thanks 1

If these are supposed to be jokes then please don't quit your day job.

Numerous times in our discussions you have implied age brings qualities such as experience, knowledge and maturity (full well knowing that I am only in my 20s), and why should you listen or even respect someone younger than you.

You have really shown these qualities in this thread. Anymore rubbish that needs to come out of your mouth before you feel better about yourself again? If so, go ahead, annoy other members with the useless notifications. If not, then seriously, get out and about in the world and get some of that experience and knowledge you are clearly lacking. Time for me to do exactly that, but enjoy your computer screen for the rest of the day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildewillie89 said:

If these are supposed to be jokes then please don't quit your day job.

Numerous times in our discussions you have implied age brings qualities such as experience, knowledge and maturity (full well knowing that I am only in my 20s), and why should you listen or even respect someone younger than you.

You have really shown these qualities in this thread. Anymore rubbish that needs to come out of your mouth before you feel better about yourself again? If so, go ahead, annoy other members with the useless notifications. If not, then seriously, get out and about in the world and get some of that experience and knowledge you are clearly lacking. Time for me to do exactly that, but enjoy your computer screen for the rest of the day. 

On 21/01/2018 at 8:06 AM, wildewillie89 said:

From what he was saying he was wanting to go to the tribunal first. If he got an appointment quickly (that is if the tribunal isn't busy), then the tribunal would have to contact Tessaban and tell them to investigate the matter before a full hearing would occur. Which is why normal procedure is to go to Tessaban first, just like the West as my previous comment stated. Unfortunately here, most completely ignore common sense and go police.

Completely forgot about this. You really need to get out more if you're tracking something as small as this in your diary in the hope of being right lol.

Actually I have been away for a while. My wife never got around to going to the City Hall with a Thai friend to interpret, before we went away. There has been a change- a neighbor apparently snapped and went ballistic at the woman who owns it. It has been closed mostly since we got back. I think it was just open and noisy the first night back a few days ago, maybe Saturday. I nearly started shouting at her as it was very obviously the owner who was making the most noise. My wife took an interpreter in the daytime and complained to her and got a predictably bad look, but that was all. The neighor was out again last night at another disturbance, I think he may now be on the ball and standing up for himself. I have a good feeling that the end is nigh for the crazy witch. If not we shall go to City Hall soon.

1 hour ago, mat999 said:

Actually I have been away for a while. My wife never got around to going to the City Hall with a Thai friend to interpret, before we went away. There has been a change- a neighbor apparently snapped and went ballistic at the woman who owns it. It has been closed mostly since we got back. I think it was just open and noisy the first night back a few days ago, maybe Saturday. I nearly started shouting at her as it was very obviously the owner who was making the most noise. My wife took an interpreter in the daytime and complained to her and got a predictably bad look, but that was all. The neighor was out again last night at another disturbance, I think he may now be on the ball and standing up for himself. I have a good feeling that the end is nigh for the crazy witch. If not we shall go to City Hall soon.

Hopefully. 

Usually these things are easily fixed with a quick confrontation (like back home). Sadly though, it is one of those ridiculous TV unwritten rules that has come about due to absolutely nothing - don't confront people or you will be murdered lol. A moderator even once seriously told me don't stop to check if people need help in a car crash. Just utterly amazing the paranoid fear people have that they will not even provide assistance in any situation. I'm really not sure how they cope with everyday life here. I was asked to help lift a guy down who hung himself not long back, couldn't imagine the response half the people on this forum would have given to not do it in fear of some imaginative repercussion.

Go to the public health official in the municipality first if you have to. As the tribunal will just tell the municipality to investigate it first anyway. However, tell the municipality officials if you're not happy with their investigation then you will take them to the tribunal. That will at least make sure that their papers are following the law to the letter and are not lazy. 

1 hour ago, mat999 said:

Hopefully. 

Usually these things are easily fixed with a quick confrontation (like back home). Sadly though, it is one of those ridiculous TV unwritten rules that has come about due to absolutely nothing - don't confront people or you will be murdered lol. A moderator even once seriously told me don't stop to check if people need help in a car crash. Just utterly amazing the paranoid fear people have that they will not even provide assistance in any situation. I'm really not sure how they cope with everyday life here. I was asked to help lift a guy down who hung himself not long back, couldn't imagine the response half the people on this forum would have given to not do it in fear of some imaginative repercussion.

Go to the public health official in the municipality first if you have to. As the tribunal will just tell the municipality to investigate it first anyway. However, tell the municipality officials if you're not happy with their investigation then you will take them to the tribunal. That will at least make sure that their papers are following the law to the letter and are not lazy. 

There was a recent topic on here of a noisy late night karaoke being shut down in a matter of days. The difference is it was the management of several buildings who complained to the Amphur not one or two individual rental tenants. When the management of the building itself refuses to take action against a late night nuisance, then maybe there are other variables to consider.

Edited by JLCrab

2 hours ago, JLCrab said:

There was a recent topic on here of a noisy late night karaoke being shut down in a matter of days. The difference is it was the management of several buildings who complained to the Amphur not one or two individual rental tenants. When the management of the building itself refuses to take action against a late night nuisance, then maybe there are other variables to consider.

Completely different factors. The Amphoe usually doesn't deal with cases like this (special occasions). They only deal with cases like this when it becomes public interest (not just one or two people complaining). For example, a dog biting one person the Amphoe will rarely deal with. However, if that dog has bitten many people and the community go to the police and they still don't do anything, the Amphoe will step in as it is troubling for large volumes of people. 

There may well be other variables, but if the place responds to neighbours annoying them, then highly unlikely those variables exist. 

Edited by wildewillie89

But that doesn't mean that the powers-that-be will respond in the same manner and with the same priority whether the complainant is a building manager responsible for maybe hundreds of occupants or a single tenant who does not have the support of or does not file a complaint in conjunction with the building management.

Edited by JLCrab

Yes, like I said earlier, if many people complain it will add weight. However, it is not necessary for action to be taken. 

Why do you feel the need to comment like a know it all when you have no understanding of the system? Judging by your comments in the whole thread you care more about the rental agreement than the actual issue anyway. No knowledge, no interest. How bored are you? Lol 

• Like 1

You're right in one sense I have no first hand knowledge of the system because I have never had to have any such knowledge. However I do know that landlords do not like tenants going around them whether the tenant has the right to complain or not and that does not always bode well for living in the same building after you have pissed off the landlord.

That issue has already been discussed at length considering you kept harping on about it.

Seeing as other neighbours are starting to balls up now re the business then the issue of having support also seems to be going the OPs way. I can see why he is feeling optimistic. 

That issue has already been discussed at length considering you kept harping on about it.

Seeing as other neighbours are starting to balls up now re the business then the issue of having support also seems to be going the OPs way. I can see why he is feeling optimistic. 

So if the BBQ owner changes the late night hours without legal or army intervention then the whole thing becomes moot ... but at least now courtesy of this topic we know what will happen if you don't pay your road taxes.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Done :partytime2:

5aeed156340dc_done(1).JPG.5ba3f56e36286f5ceff02929052ac5d5.JPG

Not sure if it helped but someone had a website made and ranked it 3rd in Google for Chiang Mai Corrupt Police and similar phrases. It was purely about this one establishment. Plus there were all the locals and expats complaints. Took a while but they are now done. :post-4641-1156693976: :partytime2:

Edited by mat999

On 12/18/2017 at 12:42 PM, mat999 said:

It is Morakot Road in Santitham. It was confirmed that the family who moved out today were advised to leave their house by the police because they were complaining too much. I am going to try the "Contact police HQ in Bangkok" advice above before quitting. 

A smart man would give up while you are still safe and move. It is not worth it and the complaints of you alone to HQ in Bangkok will get no where. Maybe get you a visit from the locals advising you to move. Save the hassle and move. This is the safest bet.