Certificate of Residence

Felt 35

1 hour ago, James HKT said:

I got one â few weeks ago. The volunteer asked me to fill a form in and sign as if I was the house master, which I'm not. I had a copy of the house tabian ban, my passport, and a passport sized photo. The form I filled in was actually the same one that a house master fills in for people who come to stay at the house and the volunteer had just written in pen the word "PROOF" on the form. I was charged 150 baht, no receipt given and provided with a Certificate of Residence.

Wow, you got the handsome man discount!  The going (note, not official) rate at Phuket is 300 Baht.

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

Wow, you got the handsome man discount!  The going (note, not official) rate at Phuket is 300 Baht.

And obviously must have been Phuket town as Patong's IO 'processing' fee for a CoR is 500Baht

6 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

- Original passport

- Copy passport main pages 

- Copy House Master ID

- Copy House Papers (Tabien Baan)

The requirements mentioned by you is for the address registration and not for the Proof of Residency.

But the address registration has to be done before you can apply for the Proof of Residence.

If the address registration is done (as it should be) you only need your original passport with passport copies,  copy of the registration slip and passport size picture.

17 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

- Original passport

- Copy passport main pages 

- Copy House Master ID

- Copy House Papers (Tabien Baan)

My advice is to do it at Phuket Town. Patong is crowded and much of their demands not legal..

13 hours ago, Lokie said:

And obviously must have been Phuket town as Patong's IO 'processing' fee for a CoR is 500Baht

I applied in Phuket town IO about 2 months ago... the girl asked for 300baht and I politely said "No"... she still processed the application and gave me the CoR...

Previously Patong IO asked me for 1,000baht for 2 CoR's (for driving licence renewals) after the officer had given me the CoRs and I refused to pay... no reaction from the officer other than disappointment 555

12 hours ago, merijn said:

The requirements mentioned by you is for the address registration and not for the Proof of Residency.

But the address registration has to be done before you can apply for the Proof of Residence.

If the address registration is done (as it should be) you only need your original passport with passport copies,  copy of the registration slip and passport size picture.

Fine - I agree with all that.  But given that many businesses use online registration then there is no 'registration slip' available. In our case I just take a screen grab of completed registration and print it out for our guests.  Not even sure that would be accepted by immigration.

5 hours ago, dadey said:

I applied in Phuket town IO about 2 months ago... the girl asked for 300baht and I politely said "No"... she still processed the application and gave me the CoR...

Previously Patong IO asked me for 1,000baht for 2 CoR's (for driving licence renewals) after the officer had given me the CoRs and I refused to pay... no reaction from the officer other than disappointment 555

Then you are definitely getting the Hansum man discount as last time I was in Patong IO and also asked what the fee was for as this service is free according the the Colonel, reply from the lady doing it was processing charge, I then quired that also (I can assure you I am not wilting violet, but I was polite in my questions and spoke quietly with respect) she then spoke with the boss IO in Thai, he then informed me Mr' is 500Baht for processing charge, if you want now or not...? You go Phuket town same there!

I do not know anyone personally who has not had to pay 500Baht within the last 12 months at Patong IO. 

Another point is, it is ok to ask and question fees etc but to try to prove a point in immigration and you could end up having problems at future visits etc. As said you are a very lucky man... But afraid for the average mortal farang it is 500baht processing fee at Patong.

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Fine - I agree with all that.  But given that many businesses use online registration then there is no 'registration slip' available. In our case I just take a screen grab of completed registration and print it out for our guests.  Not even sure that would be accepted by immigration.

People who are registered online should indeed use the printout of the online registration confirmation.

This is accepted by Phuket immigration and normally they will exchange this big paper for the small reporting slip.

22 hours ago, merijn said:

Wow- nice to see common sense at last! 

7 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

If I remember rightly, the proof of address requires a bill with your name and address on it, or, a rental agreement in addition to passport etc.

As every person has be registered on the address where they stay you don't need the proof of address as mentioned by you.

But you will need the address registration slip from your passport or print out in case of online registration.

When i asked for a Certificate of Residence in Patong ~3 weeks ago they only requested:

Picture

Copy of Passport+Visa-Stamp+Arrival Stamp

Copy rental agreement

500b

No one asked me for registration of adress and we not talked about it.

I arrived in the morning with all the papers.  A young thai lady  filled the form for me and i finished everything in about 30min.

When i asked for a Certificate of Residence in Patong ~3 weeks ago they only requested:

Picture
Copy rental agreement
500b

I arrived in the morning with all the papers.  A young thai lady  filled the form for me and i finished everything in about 30min.

I recently got the Certificate of residence in Phuket town and your list is correct.
I was asked to bring the new set of pictures with a blue background. Because I have no property and do not rent anything long term, the immigration was happy to get a letter from my hotel. No questions were asked. To get the certificate of residence you do not have to have a long term visa, a stamp or visa on arrival is ok.

The certificate of residence is needed not only for the vehicle and boat registration, the Thai customs want it for some transactions.

11 hours ago, Crisu said:

Picture

Copy rental agreement

500b

That is (sometimes)  possible but then they did the address registration and Proof of Residence in one go.