• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Sheffield arrests over 'alleged UK Christmas terror plot'

webfact

Sheffield arrests over 'alleged UK Christmas terror plot'

Action has been taken against an alleged Islamist terror plot in the UK that could have happened at Christmas, counter terrorism sources say.

Four men were arrested early on Tuesday in South Yorkshire and Derbyshire.

An Army bomb disposal team cordoned off a street in Chesterfield where a 31-year-old man was arrested. Nearby homes were evacuated.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-42410084

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-12-20

Beeb reported more on this today, in same news also reported that they will have to revise programs relating to religion (like Songs of Praise etc) as although lots of the public like these christian programs a lot find them a turnoff? Quoting: some people nowadays believe in the afterlife and some believe in Angels, it then showed a picture of the Kabaa in Mecca... strangely it did not mention any other religions, maybe the beeb did not want to offend anybody, but is obviously ok to mention christians. In attempting to be PC it appears they are racist, from a christian standpoint that is...

On 12/20/2017 at 10:58 PM, Lokie said:

Beeb reported more on this today, in same news also reported that they will have to revise programs relating to religion (like Songs of Praise etc) as although lots of the public like these christian programs a lot find them a turnoff? Quoting: some people nowadays believe in the afterlife and some believe in Angels, it then showed a picture of the Kabaa in Mecca... strangely it did not mention any other religions, maybe the beeb did not want to offend anybody, but is obviously ok to mention christians. In attempting to be PC it appears they are racist, from a christian standpoint that is...

Your comprehension is at odds with yesterday's BBC public domain announcement...

BBC to air more religious programming.

he wants the corporation "to do more about Christianity and other beliefs as well".

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42412869

6 hours ago, simple1 said:

Your comprehension is at odds with yesterday's BBC public domain announcement...

BBC to air more religious programming.

he wants the corporation "to do more about Christianity and other beliefs as well".

Unfortunately the link you provide is not what was aired on the BBC1 UK mainstream TV news yesterday and my comprehension is commenting about that

(I don't need the bold larger font to attempt to drive home my point, just the correct facts so if you gonna use links then use the one being discussed) 

Edited by Lokie

2 hours ago, Lokie said:

Unfortunately the link you provide is not what was aired on the BBC1 UK mainstream TV news yesterday and my comprehension is commenting about that

(I don't need the bold larger font to attempt to drive home my point, just the correct facts so if you gonna use links then use the one being discussed) 

Sorry about the font. The report is dated 20/12/2017 from the BBC website, so would assume reflects current factual BBC policy.

18 hours ago, Lokie said:

Dawkins! Dawkins!

We need to stop ALL religious clap trap on public broadcasting services. 

Look, I'm a Jehovah's bystander; an atheist.

I don't mind what fairytales anyone wants to believe but I don't want to be force fed!

I like Christmas and all the trimmings (Yule Tide for me - interesting the Danes refer to God Jul)

Here's a carol for you peasants:

The First Noel, the Angels did say
Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay
In fields where they lay keeping their sheep
On a cold winter's night that was so deep.
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel
Born is the King of Israel!

Now that is prima facie evidence that Jesus was king of Israel. (Can someone call his Trumpness and explain) ?

IMG_1767.JPG

Edited by Grouse

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Sorry about the font. The report is dated 20/12/2017 from the BBC website, so would assume reflects current factual BBC policy.

Fairplay, I can see that, I did read the link but as I stated in my post and referenced in my reply to you it was not aired to that effect yesterday at lunchtime BBC1 news. The first report was an update on Sheffield/Chesterfield Christmas terror plot arrests, and a few items later its babbling on about how some viewers do not like programmes like Songs of Praise etc (whilst showing a VT of some choir singing a hymn in church and that Some viewers believe in the Afterlife and Angels???  My first thoughts was are they having a laugh? It then switched to Mecca and the Kabaa and finished by saying more programmes would be made of other religions to better represent the viewing public... 

4 hours ago, Lokie said:

<Snip>

Fairplay, I can see that, I did read the link but as I stated in my post and referenced in my reply to you it was not aired to that effect yesterday at lunchtime BBC1 news

It was 'aired to that effect' on BBC1 breakfast news yesterday morning. Didn't watch the lunchtime news, working, but it was also 'aired to that effect' in the discussion on the issue on Radio 2's Jeremy Vine show at noon!

But what this has to do with the excellent work by the police reported in the OP, only the person who introduced it into the topic, you, knows!

Edited by 7by7
Addendum