English-speaking Driving Instructor?

madcatlady

I'm looking for an English-speaking driving instructor in Chiang Mai, as I'd like to take my test and get an automobile license before rainy season is on us again!

I have some experience, having taken some lessons in the UK three years ago, but figure that I need to refresh the basics all over again after such a long time.

I've also heard that there's an intensive one-week driving course available here but don't know if it's suitable for farangs with limited Thai language skills.

Does anyone have any information? It would really be appreciated...

Thanks

Finally, a sensible answer! Thanks Tywais.

I'm going to pay a visit to each of the driving schools and I'll feed back any info as I find it out.

Cheers,

MCL

Another option. If you have already done some driving why not get a friend to give you a "refresher" (a few hours in a car polishing up on what you have already done)

You would need to get a copy of the Thai road code and swot that up, but you're gonna have to do that anyway.

Have you got a car??

I know there is this driving place where people can learn to drive .. on a special pcs of land for drving learner .

tehre charge a package price of about 3000 baht for i forget how many lesson .

you might wnana try ..

you need CONFIDENT > and some more driving .. good luck ..

that place is along the highway .. oppsite BIG C heading toward the main junction near marco .

if you keep looking on your LEFT you should spot a pcs o land that look like a MINI RACE TRACK with small sand hill

that the place .

About 5 years ago I took a one week (4.5 days) driving course at the Hi-Tec Driving School. If my memory serves me well, the school is located on Samlan Road, Prasing area, near the Saunproong Gate. Just know that it will be very interesting. Jim

I'm looking for an English-speaking driving instructor in Chiang Mai, as I'd like to take my test and get an automobile license before rainy season is on us again!

I have some experience, having taken some lessons in the UK three years ago, but figure that I need to refresh the basics all over again after such a long time.

I've also heard that there's an intensive one-week driving course available here but don't know if it's suitable for farangs with limited Thai language skills.

Does anyone have any information? It would really be appreciated...

Thanks