Thai VISA debt cards obolished by banks and government

Media1

Be advised that Thai Banks and the regime have stopped issuing VISA debt cards. This has been replaced with a useless Unioun pay card. Some Chinese rubbish that can not be used anywhere online.

This is a move by the regime to stop anybody purchasing outside the country. 

Suits me I switched my accounts to my home country card. And only use the Thai card for ATM. Really a desperate move by a desperate government. 

1 hour ago, Media1 said:

Be advised that Thai Banks and the regime have stopped issuing VISA debt cards. This has been replaced with a useless Unioun pay card. Some Chinese rubbish that can not be used anywhere online.

This is a move by the regime to stop anybody purchasing outside the country. 

The award for 'disingenuous and totally fabricated junta bashing post of the day' goes to...

Further to lopburi3's erudite statement and apropos illumination, you can still get a VISA debit card from Bangkok Bank but you need to INSIST on it as like everything that should be simple, they have to come from "head office".

PS: Bangkok Bank also does VISA credit cards... and their NOT Chinese either.

29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The award for 'disingenuous and totally fabricated junta bashing post of the day' goes to...

Further to lopburi3's erudite statement and apropos illumination, you can still get a VISA debit card from Bangkok Bank but you need to INSIST on it as like everything that should be simple, they have to come from "head office".

PS: Bangkok Bank also does VISA credit cards... and their NOT Chinese either.

Incorrect incontacted bank HQ..It is all banks period. Or I not post this. You are wrong

Just now, Media1 said:

Incorrect incontacted bank HQ..It is all banks period. Or I not post this. You are wrong

You are not very good at understanding English. VISA DEBT CARD. Can not be obtained in Thailand due to your JUNTA LOL. That hurts you oh sorry. It will hurt Thais alot more. And yes UNIOUN CARD is Chinese. And you have not a clue what your talking about

hate to tell you this but I very recently got my Bangkok Bank visa debit card, I was originally given a union pay card but because I do overseas payments it was useless so I asked them to change it back to a visa card which they did but I did have to chase it at a second branch after the arrogant female manager refused to do it at the first branch. It is purely a commission kick back thing for the bank/manager if they issue union pay  but the bank head office has issued a statement  that visa debit cards are still available if the customer asks for one, sorry but your information is totally bogus, suggest you go to a different branch as that is what I had to do or better yet contact their head office

Edited by seajae

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Did he go to Bangkok bank too?

Still has nothing to do with the government but with the Bangkok bank's policies.

Nonsense story.

Lol just went to the SCB opened a account in a flash MASTERCARD DEBT. CARD. Wow I thought ok. Until I looked in the book no bsb number. The girl told me can be used world wide lol. This card can't be used anywhere online. Only in Thailand or at a retail shop abroad. Confirmed the manager half a card haha. 

No nonsense only a buffalo can't put the puzzle together. Bad economy and banks are working with government to keep spending here. Who cares I won't waste anymore time. 

Has nothing to do with the government. Please don't apply for a position with ASIO 

24 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Lol just went to the SCB opened a account in a flash MASTERCARD DEBT. CARD. Wow I thought ok. Until I looked in the book no bsb number. The girl told me can be used world wide lol. This card can't be used anywhere online. Only in Thailand or at a retail shop abroad. Confirmed the manager half a card haha. 

No nonsense only a buffalo can't put the puzzle together. Bad economy and banks are working with government to keep spending here. Who cares I won't waste anymore time. 

Has nothing to do with the government. Please don't apply for a position with ASIO 

You are talking absolute nonsense:

First you say can be used in a retail shop abroad, then you say the banks work with the government to keep spending here.

5 hours ago, seajae said:

hate to tell you this but I very recently got my Bangkok Bank visa debit card, I was originally given a union pay card but because I do overseas payments it was useless so I asked them to change it back to a visa card which they did but I did have to chase it at a second branch after the arrogant female manager refused to do it at the first branch. It is purely a commission kick back thing for the bank/manager if they issue union pay  but the bank head office has issued a statement  that visa debit cards are still available if the customer asks for one, sorry but your information is totally bogus, suggest you go to a different branch as that is what I had to do or better yet contact their head office

Rubbish l  have a VISA GOLD and unlimited AU AMEX. 

Money and insisting has 0 to do with it. But the JUNTA lovers are claiming there intelligence lol..Any VISA MASTERCARD DEBT issued now is only for in-store purchase. This move is to keep spending here. I had schooling for a reason and common sense tells me l would lean the same way if l failed to kick up the economy. People buying cheap online and from abroad as I do :)

My money my business. Now these clowns are blocking it very simple logic. But as I say not everyone is gifted or street smart

Edited by Media1

7 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

AFAIK the only bank that issues UnionPay is Bangkok Bank and there has not been any such stoppage of VIsa cards in Thailand.

mountain-molehill.gif

Visited SCB today opened a account easy

Most are issuing MASTERCARD not VISA.Cheaper fees as my CITI new card issued. 

Anyway up on opening the supposed MASTERCARD DEBT.. At the end asked for the BSB. No have and can't be registered or used for any online payments. 

All over finished. Say as you will been there done it useless Thai Banks..Made to keep it all here lol. 

Good Luck

This is not Oz - there is no BSB here as in most of the world.  And BSB is not required for online purchase in most of the world.  What often is required is the 3 digit cvv number on back of card.  If card does not have that number bank can provide online purchase instructions.  This is nothing new and how it has always worked here.

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

This is not Oz - there is no BSB here as in most of the world.  And BSB is not required for online purchase in most of the world.  What often is required is the 3 digit cvv number on back of card.  If card does not have that number bank can provide online purchase instructions.  This is nothing new and how it has always worked here.

Confirmation requires ACC BSB security code. As per my original BKK BANK VISA DEBT.

You are not listening..And confirmed by bank manager. CARD can not be used online period. All large online retailers require BSB. PAY PAL EBAY ALIEXPRESS ALL.

Confirmed by bank Mai Dai..... 

Welcome to China

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

3 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Confirmation requires ACC BSB security code. As per my original BKK BANK VISA DEBT.

You are not listening..And confirmed by bank manager. CARD can not be used online period. All large online retailers require BSB. PAY PAL EBAY ALIEXPRESS ALL.

Confirmed by bank Mai Dai..... 

Welcome to China

You can't even pay for your flights online. Give it a rest a joke

6 hours ago, seajae said:

I contacted the bank HO. No VISA being issued

1 minute ago, Media1 said:

Yes and until 1 week ago I had the same. But you are obviously holding a older.card. You are just a stalker taking crap..Loose your card smarty. GO get another. 

You do not know me and should not insult people online. 

No more than 4 months old with 6 digit PIN number and a mate of mine up the other side of Korat got one from Kasikorn Bank got one a few weeks ago same as me, so maybe change your bank :whistling:

6 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

No more than 4 months old with 6 digit PIN number and a mate of mine up the other side of Korat got one from Kasikorn Bank got one a few weeks ago same as me, so maybe change your bank :whistling:

I will try K bank in Pattaya.. We see but I suspect that this maybe going through all Thai Banks. 

Tomorrow I try. 

1 minute ago, Media1 said:

I will try K bank in Pattaya.. We see but I suspect that this maybe going through all Thai Banks. 

Tomorrow I try. 

Please report back, I think you will be pleasantly surprised -Do you have an account with Kasikorn or will you open a new account ?

A friend of mine said that my ATM from Bangkok Bank which I have had for about fifteen years and is without the chip was not secure and that I should replace it. I had seen the link posted here on a topic about money transfers and read up on Bangkok Bank Be 1st Smart which can be used at ATM abroad for a charge of 100 baht plus 4.5% of the current exchange rate. I must admit I am not sure about the figures. Good idea, I thought because it means that if I put more money in the bank here I can still draw on it in UK where I live in the summer. I went to my branch and the girl told me that they didn't do a Visa card, but gave me a similar looking card with the Chinese logo, the topic of this thread. The first time that I used it I wasn't sure whether the code had a 2or 3 as one of the six numbers in the code so tried my 2 thinking thinking that if wrong The number must be 3. There was a question on screen to which I payed little attention but answered in the affirmative. My answer resulted in the card being retained and I was told to contact my bank. I can't imagine what the question was, it must have been something like "have you stolen this card?" for a second chance at the pin code not to be given.

On the next working day I went back to the branch and by now had the Be 1st site bookmarked on my 'phone so was able to show it to the girl, with the result that I now have a Be1st Visa smart card. The card has a four digit pin and a three digit security number on the back which this post has reminded me I must sign. I paid the bank £100 baht for it.

A rather long way of saying that I don't think that it is the government which is frustrating people's efforts to get a Visa card.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect