Is My Usb Hdd Fixable?

JiaJia

had my removable USB port hard driver broken, is it fixable still???

tried various methods regarding to windows troubleshoot, none solves the problem.

once i plug the HD on, the light blinks for 2-3 seconds, then turns to green. it always appears the device's working properly, however, when i try to read HD, it shows: "G:\ is not accessible. the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable".

i thought it might be just some connection problem from the port on the HD, or maybe worse???

If you can open the case you can try plugging the drive directly into your computer. This may solve the problem.

I had a "MyBook" 400GB external USB/Firewire drive. No way could windows read the HDD, even the Western Digital support said cannot be fixed, ALL data is lost and had to be returned for replacement. Now as I had the next 3 months of TV viewing stored on it No way was I going to write it off. So I opened the box and plugged the drive directly into my computer. The drive was recognised straight away and all my data was intact and useable! Still watching the latest episodes of Lost and Stargate now!

Chris