Finding a builder in Prakon Chai

phuketitnet

We're looking to build a house near Prakon Chai, Buri Ram and have found a couple of local people, but I was hoping for some other suggestions from here to get a range of quotes, if anyone has any recommendations?

One item we had quoted so far is the garage area and outdoor room/toilet (basic plan attached). Just the labour (no materials) is being quoted at 45,000 - 55,000 THB with a lead time of 2 weeks. Quality wise, it would be basic rendered walls and a basic sheet roofing generally used for garage areas out here, so nothing wildy complex.

Being new to building, is this price/timescale fair for the size we're wanting?

garage.jpg

PM me. I'm in PKC. Normally I would suggest dropping in on Coffee Corner in PKC on a Friday, market day. Usually at least 15 guys there. As luck would have it, it will probably be deserted this Friday as an Aussie guy has the 100 day anniversary of his wife's death so everyone is going there. 

The Construction company that built my home were brilliant and they build all over Thailand so be worth you dropping them an email.
They are owned by an English guy and have a great reputation.
It's Together Construction Thailand and his email is
<contact by personal message>
If you want to pm me feel free and I can answer some questions about my place if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 20/12/2017 at 11:11 AM, tso310 said:

PM me. I'm in PKC. Normally I would suggest dropping in on Coffee Corner in PKC on a Friday, market day. Usually at least 15 guys there. As luck would have it, it will probably be deserted this Friday as an Aussie guy has the 100 day anniversary of his wife's death so everyone is going there. 

Steven, the owner of Coffee Corner recently had his house built in the area and would be a good source of info, plus all the expats who go there.

Phuketitnet: Thursday I drove to six different homes under construction in Buriram Province by six different home builders. I was most impressed with a home in a small village between Buriram and Lam Plai Mat. It was built by the same UK expat who built an Australian's named Liam's home in 2016 near Prakon Chai. The skill set, actual tools, real Western world construction standards were quite different than the other five homes I visited. Everything comes at a price, but I have seen the work of untrained in modern building practices, or just plain disreputable builders both Thai and otherwise. Ask around Prakon Chai and consider checking the world of this UK expat who is the "real deal",   Photos are from Thursday, but I have been in this home before the walls were rendered with Lanko 110. I have seen the steel welding and home walls before they were painted with a top grade Nippon house paint through a Graco 695 airless paint sprayer.  The English speaking staff or owners of builders merchants are keenly aware of which home builders buy underspec or low grade products. They also are aware of the builders who have satisfied Thai and expat customers since a store manager will hear complaints and compliments about home builders in Isaan. 

Buriram Village expat home professional builder.jpg

Buriam Village Home Builder uses Lanko skim coat.jpg

Buriram Village House builder tools.jpg

Buriram Village Home Building Construction door trim.jpg

Phuketitnet: Thursday I drove to six different homes under construction in Buriram Province by six different home builders. I was most impressed with a home in a small village between Buriram and Lam Plai Mat. It was built by the same UK expat who built an Australian's named Liam's home in 2016 near Prakon Chai. The skill set, actual tools, real Western world construction standards were quite different than the other five homes I visited. Everything comes at a price, but I have seen the work of untrained in modern building practices, or just plain disreputable builders both Thai and otherwise. Ask around Prakon Chai and consider checking the world of this UK expat who is the "real deal",   Photos are from Thursday, but I have been in this home before the walls were rendered with Lanko 110. I have seen the steel welding and home walls before they were painted with a top grade Nippon house paint through a Graco 695 airless paint sprayer.  The English speaking staff or owners of builders merchants are keenly aware of which home builders buy underspec or low grade products. They also are aware of the builders who have satisfied Thai and expat customers since a store manager will hear complaints and compliments about home builders in Isaan. 
5a3cdc6946309_BuriramVillageexpathomeprofessionalbuilder.jpg.f05e103d233bd17228b0d47a47e5461c.jpg
5a3cdc724327b_BuriamVillageHomeBuilderusesLankoskimcoat.jpg.e3ec0c90e05307160ff9c623a890bdd8.jpg
5a3cdc7925cde_BuriramVillageHousebuildertools.jpg.47f173c28e1accaf5ccfd5e5bdbdf606.jpg
5a3cdc8220ea9_BuriramVillageHomeBuildingConstructiondoortrim.jpg.ec8bd5c83ed3e0463654c41af3229f07.jpg

I wouldn't listen to a word that any Builders providers say.
I know for a fact that many if not all of them take back handers to push work to the contractors that pay them and also bad mouth companies that don't give them tea money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk