Motorbike rentals in Isaan

CaptainKiiNiaw

I'm looking to spend some time in a few different Isaan cities, and would like to rent a motorbike, so I'll be able to get around.

I know Nong Khai and Udon Thani each have several rental shops, but I didn't see anything in previous trips to Nakhon Phanom or Maha Sarakham.

If you know of any rental shops in Isaan please let me know.

Interested in Khon Kaen, Kalasin, Maha Sarakham, Sakon Nakhon, Nakon Phanom, but if you know of rental shops in other Isaan cities, please post them as the may be of interest to other readers.

I'll start:

Udon Thani:

Many shops on Soi Sam Pan (Samphan Thamit Alley) and around the corner on Watthananuong Road.

Nong Khai:

can't remember the name, but if you contact Mut Mee Guesthouse, they can refer you or even help you book a rental.

Ubon Ratchathani:

http://jayjaycarandmotorcyclehire.webs.com/

Not sure whether they rent more than step-thrus in the m/bike category, but they are long established, speak good English (my own experience) and reportedly reliable (by friend I took round there). 250 baht a day I recall for short hire but good quality newish bike.

Edited by SantiSuk

48 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Just bear in mind Thai roads are now rated the most deadly in the world, particularly for motorbike riders. Odds can be improved by hiring a car instead.

You forget mention a battle for a  global smoke and alcohol ban, only those 2 drugs causes death of 6 (six) million people a year !!! driving/riding in Thailand is just nothing compared to this. 

No motorbike rentals in Kalasin..  in Nong Khai there used to be a guy near Mut Mee that had 2 or 3 crap bikes... check that things work before you ride away.. brakes, lights...and may sound strange but the steering!  2 of the bikes I tried in Nong Khai must have been in accidents and the handelbar was out of alignment with the front wheel.. beware.. 

46 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

No motorbike rentals in Kalasin..  in Nong Khai there used to be a guy near Mut Mee that had 2 or 3 crap bikes... check that things work before you ride away.. brakes, lights...and may sound strange but the steering!  2 of the bikes I tried in Nong Khai must have been in accidents and the handelbar was out of alignment with the front wheel.. beware.. 

Nong Khai City Hotel, or ask at Mai’s restaurant, she has info, maybe Jing joe , tooToo, also known as a Boxing St. or Soi Nitapant, Mai is across from White inn, her husband Luc is French

Edited by Nice Boyd

On 21/12/2017 at 3:45 PM, Lacessit said:

Just bear in mind Thai roads are now rated the most deadly in the world, particularly for motorbike riders. Odds can be improved by hiring a car instead.

They are not more deadly than Saudi and the statistics are flawed.